So this is my usual taste in handguns--Cool. Classic.
[Linked Image]

This past weekend, I was standing at the gun counter in Cabela's with enough points on my club card to get any number of guns for free. I was scoping out the usual suspects--1911's, stainless revolvers, etc., when my eyes drifted over a Glock 23. My first thought (and rightly so) was, "Man those things are ugly!" But then I remembered that you can buy a 9mm barrel for about $100 and *voila* you suddenly have both a .40 S&W and 9mm. I considered this for a moment and then noticed the sales guy was standing in front of me, talking about the features of glock pistols. I thought "Why is he doing that?" Then I looked down and I WAS HOLDING THE GLOCK! How did THAT get there?!

I was not only holding it, I was pointing it and checking the feel in my hand--and kind of liked it! It could definitely use some night sights though. I considered that I already have a bunch of Glock magazines--both .40's and 9mm's that I've accumulated through various deals and use as trade fodder. Then, my lips said, "I'll take it." Whoa, where did THAT come from?! It was like somebody else was in control of my body and I was just trapped, watching, a helpless spectator. Next my feet started walking and took the rest of me down to the end of the counter, where my hand picked up a pen and started filling out forms.

Now, 2 days later, I am sitting in my chair, mostly in control of my essential faculties again, dry-firing my new plastic chunk. The new barrel is already en route. But the real question is: What night sights to get? I kind of like these: http://www.amazon.com/Glock-Pistol-...sr=8-1&keywords=trijicon+glock+sight

Any thoughts or other suggestions? I'm feeling like a foreigner as I walk through Glockland!

[Linked Image]

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.