i am relatively new to bowhunting (this will be my 3rd season), so keep that in mind.<P>my girlfriend bought me an entry-level bow to try out, see if i liked it. i took that bow to the local archery shop to have it set-up and show me the hows and whys of bow operation. the owners spent a ton of time teching me the ropes, and some of the finer points of shooting a bow.<P>the entry-level bow let me find out firsthand if i would take to bows or not, and did it cheap. this is the route that i would reccomend to you. if you enjoy the sport, then you can easily move up to a better bow. if you don't like it, then you are out, what, $150 minus whatever you sell your tackle for. not really a big deal.<P>if you start w/ a real nice bow, and don't like it, you are out a lot more than that.<P>the thing that is nice about an entry level bow is it will really help show you what you would like in your "big" bow. eg: i learned that i wanted wood grips (the syn. grips got awfully cold in december), shorter bow (not too short though...), and as light as i thought my bow was, i learned that a lighter bow would be in order.<P>bowhunting is very different than gun hunting, and is very challenging, but i believe it is at least as fun, maybe more so.<P>------------------<BR>Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It is much more important than that.

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It is much more important than that.