Originally Posted by Dude270
I was hoping you would chime in ingwe, who better to give advice than the man the round is named after wink.

Why do you not like H335 for the conventional bullets?

I seem to remember you posting that you liked your AI but probably wouldn't do another one. May I ask what you feel are the pros and cons of the round?

Thanks

Yeah. Here goes�

I like H335 in the hunting load because it gives me velocity from a Barnes that I can't get elsewhere. I do NOT use it in the varmint loads because Ive had pressure problems with it, every one of which was related to a round sitting for a couple minutes in a HOT barrel�like you encounter in the killing fields. Hunting rounds are shot one at a time, not by the score, so it has never been an issue in a cold barrel.

Were I to build another CF 22 it would probably be a .222Mag because brass and data are readily available ( relatively�) and ballistics are so close to the AI that I use 222mag data when working up a load. Otherwise it would be a .22-204 simply ( in both cases) for the lack of fire forming , and a tad more oomph out of the 22-204

FWIW I also wouldn't obsess over an 8 twist UNLESS you want to shoot heavies in it. As you see I like the mid-weight 22 bullets and a 1 in 12 handles them fine�no real need for an expensive barrel. However, if you feel you might like to have the option some time later down the road, virtually all bullets shoot well in the tight twist, so you can go from 40 to 75 grainers�

You also have a few factory .223 with 1 in 9s now�take your pick and have it punched out for an affordable AI.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe