Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
I think there are probably several of us on the fire that could hit that plate at a 1000. I would want one of my .44s and it may take me 25 shots (vs.2 for micukek) but it doesn't seem crazy for a reasonably good shot that has done some long range handgunning.

There's a sucker born every minute.....

I've been kind of quite about this but I think you are more right than wrong.

That steel target wasn't very big to be seen with a naked eye especially by an older gentleman. In my twenties I shot bulls eye pistol in the National Guard. To get to the pistol range I would have to pass the shooting line for the thousand yard targets. We had two guys from my unit shooting at a thousand yards using match grade M-1s and M-14s. Those thousand yard targets were huge but those targets were awfully small targets at thousand yards. I remember just how small those 800 meter pop-up targets I had to qualify on in basic training looked and those targets were huge. Back in the day I had very good eye sight as I'm far sighted and it was quite a challenge to hit a 800 meter target with a rifle from rest.

As someone said, there was a road directly to the target and he had practiced his hold so following the road and knowing where to hold bam he hits the steel with a second shot and makes it look like he is super man.

A propaganda video if you ask me.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude