Originally Posted by Jwood1284
I'm on my 2nd double cab 4x4 (I traded in my first on an impulse decision and regretted it every day). Both '05, both TRD 4x4 package. My first had 90k (of which I put 68k on) and my current has 140k. IMO this is the best full size, off-road capable truck for the money! Like mentioned above, the 05-06 have a 5spd transmission that has a built in engine braking feature...very nice going down grades. The truck is 7/8 full size but is very roomy on the interior with a full 6.5' box. This is one of the last full size trucks that is extremely capable off-road and isn't to massive to take in the woods; almost every manufacturer has huge, boxy trucks after '07. Here's my current truck, and I'll drive it until the wheels come off.

[Linked Image]

Jwood,

Looks like a gray Sequoia in the background. I've got a 2005 Sequoia with 264,000 miles on it. Replaced belts at 90-100k and on my 4th set of tires. Love the Bridgestone Dueler Revo2's, got 73k on my last set. Only problem I've had was having to replace the 4wd actuator at 220k. I think my 11 yr old might get this truck for his first vehicle...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD