Originally Posted by Pack_Hunter

This coming from someone who advocates the use of 7mm match bullets on elk? Give us a break.....

My comment was made in jest, but you taking it as attack is telling. I don't think there is much difference between calibers from 243 to 323 when an expanding, heavy for cal bullet at moderate to high velocity is put into the heart/lungs of any of the game in the CONUS. Is there any real difference? It isn't quantifiable by several measures, including wound measurements. The only real difference between 7mm and .270 cals is the heavier bullets that are standard, due to generally faster twist rates in 7s. The 270 is the stepchild here on the fire, and I like to read the prodding that goes on from both sides, both pro- and anti-270. It is fun for me because what is really being arguing is our own histories with guns, hunting, and lore.

As far as using match bullets on game, well I do it, but I don't advocate for it, nor do I proselytize. Use what you want? Why would I care? I do try to inform, especially when confronted by someone who throws it at me like an accusation. You, I'm not going to bother with.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.