Bob enjoyed your post about the 7.. Also the references to the older writers: Bowman, Hagel, and Page.. While the .300's are my favorite, I must agree that many using them are not capable of good accuracy with them.. I still favor mine for much of my big game hunting.. But I also have a couple 7mm mags. in the safe should I find the recoil of the big .30's more than I want to deal with at some time in the future..(Say if I live to be 90!!)

Met Hagel several times.. Never met Page or Bowman.. In my younger years I was a fan of all three at one time or another.
Still have some old articles or books buy all three..

I do remember Bowman talking of not only the 7mm mag as a good elk killer, but he also had a couple .338's they used on western game.. He mostly used the 200 grain factory.. Hagel of course was a long time .33 caliber guy from his association with Elmer..
In addition to Hagel's love of the 7mm mag. He also favored the .340 in his later years.. I believe the 210 Nosler was a favorite.. I talked with him just after he killed one of his last elk, maybe his last, he had taken it with the old Mashburn.. It was a cow for meat..

Due to his writing, I tried the 7 mags.. and later the .340.. It is great to hear from others who remember those "old timers".. Writing was a different game in those days..

Molon Labe