Mule Deer
I've had trouble with 6mm Hot Cores. I've shot a lot of 7x57 loads and with the velocities I've gotten I would be concerned about heavy Hot Cores (160 grain) in the 7x57. If you or someone else has had good luck with the that heavy a bullet in the 7x57 with Hot Cores, I'd bow to your/their experience.
I'm a big 7mm fan from 7TCU, 7 International, 7x57, 280 and 7 Mag and the only failure I've had with any bullet in the 7mm is 160 grain Speer Mag tips in 280. (If I told you what happened you'd probably say I'm lying and probably would ignore anything else I'd write, but I had witnesses.)
I stopped using Speer as big game bullets in the smaller calibers, even though they often get excellent accuracy, sometimes better than most.
I may use the 250 grain hot cores in my 350 - they are tempting -since it shoots very accurately and deep penetration is important to me with that rifle. I'm open to hear your's or others experiences.

Last edited by Bugger; 09/16/14.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally