Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Just because you can't shoot 3Gun without one. If it weren't for that I might not ever own one again.

Somewhat the same. I like military guns and their history though.

We shot the AR so many years in competition, some 20K rounds a year off and on from 1989 through about 2003, that the AR became like an extension. When bullets were good enough it was a no brainer... beware the man with one gun scenario.... They felt good, fit fine etc...( that was not the case on day 1 with the AR...)

ANd I became amazed how accurate they could be and amazed how small of gropus i could shoot out to 1000 at times with irons.

I will never get rid of mine though..... and while I don't actually hunt that often with them, bowing back to my bolt guns mostly at times, its not that I dont', I just like mixing it up. And lets face it I face some longer shots at times, other side of 200 all the time, often past 300 in a few areas, and I am not naive enough to say the 223 is the ticket at longer distance to take any shot that presents itself.... that falls to my 308 or larger.

Now meat hunting is totally different. Pig also. Without the AR I"d have had not nearly as large a number of dead ones at times... If I could ever find a sounder in an open field during daylight wiht at least a full 20 rounder and maybe a spare one... I'd really like to try that or helo's....Still waiting for my buddy to by a Robinson instead of renting....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....