QUOTE : " Throw in the fact that we also tend to want to aim a " little high " because it looks far, and you get lots of high shots,"

This was the part I really wanted to hear. And everyone should know, this is a human inflicted problem. And should not be blamed on the ballistic calculator, or the zero the shooter chooses to sight in at. Knowing and having the cheat card triumphs all bullchit. And as far as rushing. all my rushed shots have been inside 150yds. Which is usually irrelevant. As I have belly line or a little day light for reference insurance.

But all bullchit aside. Dad is eighty two, and still clover leafs his share on the bench. And will never change, as in the north country of Pa. His shots are in the magical 0 to 400 max. Which would falsely lead one to think it is long range shooting. My conditions are very different. And am thankful that approaching 60 their are newer mouse traps. ( laser range finders, and reliable turrets.) And as you know after 350. Where at the fifty yard increments and things start dropping like a rock. That is where school really begins. And as one of the other poster, maybe you said. "Center becomes real important to be exactly center". Enjoyed the topic!

Take care, Willie

Last edited by wdenike; 09/29/14.