castnblast;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the weekend has been a good one for you folks.

I agree with your thoughts on why Canadian Rye isn't really popular in many other sections of the globe.

With the utmost respect I'll differ with your liking of Scotch - but hopefully we can get past that difference and continue on with our discussion. wink

While I can't say about whiskey, in the wine industry that I'm somewhat more familiar with it seems that blends are looked down on often.

I'm not certain that all Canadian Rye Whiskey is blended, some seem to indicate they are and that might be part of the stigma - though that's a guess at best.

If you or the OP are interested in some of the smoother ones I've tried and IF you can find them I've enjoyed Pike Creek which is out of Ontario, Tangle Ridge which may or may not be still made in Alberta - haven't seen it for years.

Dark Horse is made in Alberta and isn't too, too bad, but to my tastes wasn't as smooth at the first two mentioned.

There are a few micro distilleries firing up locally, but I've got to say that I prefer something that's been casked for awhile rather than a product straight off the still pipes.

Hopefully that was some use to you or someone out there tonight sir. All the best to you folks and good luck with your remaining hunts this fall too.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"