Here's my experience with the 6x Leupold- I have had both the 6X42 and the smaller version, 6X32 or whatever it is. One resides on my 270 as I write.
Some of the 6x Leupolds I have had have exhibited LOTS of parallax. One with the long range reticle had enough parallax so that by moving your head from one extreme to the other, the target would move half the space between the 200 yard and the 300 yard dot.
I have since then had parallax adjusted in my 6X scopes to 400 yards. (There are a limited number of options- The next shorter range was something like 250 yards).
When I get the scopes back from Leupold they have had less parallax at all ranges out to 500 or 600 yards than before. In other words, no downside, and lots of upside.
A careful cheek weld will eliminate much of the parallax problem. However, from field positions in hunting positions few people can achieve the uniform cheek weld that is possible at the bench. I have also never heard of someone shooting worse because their scope had little or no parallax. I used to typically shoot hundred of rounds through my rifles with the 6X scope at paper and ground squirrels and prairie dogs and grasped at every little advantage I could get to get more precision, and minimizing parallax seemed to be a significant improvement.

Royce