Jordan/Fred/Mule Deer: Glad you guys are around to discuss this stuff and Jordan thanks for that detailed explanation!

I just got back from the range and shot a pair of 7mm mags at 300 yards, both equipped with 6x36 Leupolds. I was thinking of this thread as I wiggled my head around and watched the parallax through both scopes, holding on a 3" orange dot against a black target (contrast). I could watch the dot dance around, mostly vertical,and it was related to cheek weld, i.e. if I got sloppy with my head the dot danced low and if I snugged into the stock the dot was in the right place....I expected all this as I have seen it many times.

Anyway my first shot at 300 yards from the Mashburn hit the orange dot, the second about 2" away,where the rifle and scope has been putting them for the last 5 years and it has been that long since the scope was adjusted. I know it would have put them where they need to go at 400-600 as well since I have run the drill many times.

The rifle and scope are now getting to the point where I trust them. Parallax or not I think I will just leave well enough alone. smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.