Dan, I have been satisfied with the functionality of the Crockett and it is actually a good looking rifle that can turn out as beautiful as the young men can finish it.
I've not handled many Traditions products, but I do consider the Crockett the best of what I've had me grubbies on.

I need to do some work with the rifle in the shooting category. I have to admit that I have been ruined by a .32 Cherokee that was the most accurate open sighted rifle that I've ever handled, when considering responsible round ball ranges. I have a couple of ball sizes and multiple patch thicknesses and 2 lbs of FFFg on hand to play with. All I need is time, I'm safeguarding (snork) the rifle while my son is away at college...
Not to say that the Crockett is not accurate, just that I've been spoiled. That T/C rifle stacked the balls on top of each other at 40 or 50 yards with my then much-younger eyes. A squirrel's worst nightmare. I see no reason why the Crocket won't do the same.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.