Originally Posted by idahostalker
Im thinking that Ill start looking for a White Super 91. From what I have researched, for Northwest hunters, they are the way to go. They have barrels specifically for heavy lead concicals, very accurate, and an all around good reliable muzzleloader.

Does any one know how heavy the White Super 91 and other White muzzleloaders are?

I've got a Whites Lightning model inbound from New York state, found it over Thanksgiving and at what seemed like a decent price. The bore looked clean, but I didn't get a chance to disassemble it. Should be delivered around Christmas, and I'll hopefully get to the range. I've ordered the No-Excuse Bullets for it, will see how they do.

I bought a Knight Bighorn last year when the Black Friday sale was on in .52 for Idaho. I thought I would get a second barrel in .50 for Eastern hunting, but by the time I added the parts up, I could get a second complete rifle for about the same price if I watched for a sale. It's been sitting as of now, and Parker out of Troy is the only source of .52 lead that I know of.