Originally Posted by KFWA

The second issue is that if cops don't have body camera, you better believe the public at large will have one - and that isn't going to go away in the near future. Of course a camera that doesn't show the whole story is going to have a negative effect on the public at large.

If Darren Wilson had a body camera, you think Ferguson would have burned to the ground and rioting/protests erupted across the United States?

I think you edited your response after I'd already responded in turn.

Let the public video anything they please. I advocate it. I don't want the government videoing me without my authorization. I don't want to give my tacit authorization by being for these cameras. Most people hate traffic cams, especially if they get ticketed by one. This is more of same.

Ferguson didn't burn to the ground. It's a town of 20,000 people and a dozen businesses burned. That's significant but a far cry from burning to the ground. Secondly, yes I believe that the folks who rioted were looking for an excuse to do so and would have done so regardless of a police-cam video. I am convinced that elements of the government did more than instigate the whole thing anyway.