About 3 years ago I was on the way to the farm to see if I could kick up a deer in the late afternoon, Driving down the road I had to slow down on the two lane as I approached an Amish kid standing straight up on a buckboard. Couldn't have been more than 13 or 14. Slung across his back he had his gun, obviously he was going to do the same thing.

Arrived at the farm to find a troupe of about 5 youngsters, the 2 oldest being about 12 with shotguns.............looking for deer.

Arrived at the wildlife area on opening day a little while back at about 5:00 am waiting to be drawn for a duck blind and my buddy commented that the youngster who was with his father should be in school. My reply was that the memories forged that day with his dad were far more important than anything he would have learned in school that day.

I have an Asian lady friend who loves to go hunting with me. Loves to fish to, wouldn't believe some of the catfish she has pulled in unless you've seen them. Biggest problem is I can't get her to sit still for very long!

Change yes, die out no, we are already working on the next generation who seem to enjoy the outdoors.