Below is an excerpt from the email conversation I had with Andy McCormick, President of Legacy Sports in reference to the new Alpine series rifle.

Mr. McCormick,

I just received my 2015 catalog in the mail and I am intrigued by the new Alpine Mountain Series Rifle. On the surface, it is a beautiful rifle, but I have several questions that I hope you can answer before making my decision. Please take the time to provide detailed answers to each individual question.

1. Your catalog lists the the Alpine Mountain Rifle having a #6 contoured barrel; please describe to the best of your ability the type of barrel used for the #6 contour; I assume it's a thin lightweight "mountain contour" barrel or is it a heavy barrel contour? Perhaps there is a misprint in the catalog; judging by the pictures, it is a thin barrel as compared to the Hogue Kryptek Full Dip Package that is equipped with a 20" #6 heavy barrel. Good Catch , It is a # 1 lwt contour � they are changing it now on the website and downloadable catalog .. thanks

2. Is the barrel free floated? YES

3. What type of crown does the barrel have? Same as all of our Howa�s � Standard recessed LWT and Standards.. HVY Barrels are Target Recessed

4. What method was used to install the rifling? Describe how the barrel was manufactured; hammer forged, etc. Drawn process

5. Is the action bedded, if so, how? Pillar Bedded

6. Does the rifle have an integral recoil lug? YES � Monster one J If not, please describe how the recoil lug is assembled into the rifle.

7. Is the barrel threaded into the receiver? YES If not, please describe how the barrel is attached to the receiver.

8. Is the Alpine Mountain Series rifle built on a true short action receiver or is it built on a long action receiver, utilizing a bolt stop similar to the design of the Tikka rifles?
SHORT ACTION � all of our #1 contour calibers are � 223, 204, 22-250, 243, 308 and 7mm-08

9. Is the H.A.C.T. trigger user adjustable? What is the adjustable range? If not, what is the factory trigger pull weight? 3 lbs. from Factory.. can be adjusted to 2.7 lbs .
Without affecting the safety engagements.

10. Is the H.A.C.T. trigger group enclosed? YES

11. Where is the "high tech light weight stock" manufactured? Is it an injection molded stock or is it hand-laid fiberglass, kevlar, etc.? Hand Laid Fiberglass � Mark Banser !

12. Can the bolt assembly be field stripped by the owner? Absolutely !

You won�t be disappointed � We also have it coming in 6.5 Creedmoor in May !

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.