Own both HS and B&C for LH LA Rem 700 BDL. Bought both from Red Hawk Rifles. Red Hawk is good to go. My impression of HS vs B&C:

HS PSS016:
> Thinner wrist, slightly wider fore end.
> Much better fit and finish. Good "grip-ability" of the finish.
> Much less work to "drop in" Rem 700 barreled action. Slight relief in bottom of bolt cut.
> 38 oz.
> $80 to 90 more expensive.

B&C Alaskan:
> Wrist is slightly more open, but thicker.
> Fore end is thinner. Fits my hand better. But slicker.
> Fit and finish sucked. Had glob of paint in the action area that had to be sanded out before I could bolt the action into the stock. Had paint "flash" inside full length of barrel channel where the masking tape was removed while paint still wet and it "pulled". had to remove thick paint from bottom metal inlet to be able to seat bottom metal.
> "Drop in" ability sucked. Had to dremel out for trigger weight screw on Timney trigger. Had to relieve sides for HS bottom metal. Had to remove material from the bolt cut to eliminate contact with the bolt handle. Had to remove the "speed bumps" in the fore end tip to float the barrel. Significant sanding in the bottom of the barrel channel directly in front of the recoil lug to float a Lilja #3 barrel.
> 32 oz weight.

I bought the B&C because the grip "appeared" to be more open. Which it is. But the thicker dimensions more than offset any advantage to being slightly more open. I do like the fact that the B&C is 6 oz lighter. However, I have well over $100 of my time and effort to get everything to bolt into the stock the way I want it.

Last weekend got bored and took a belt sander and 80 grit sand paper to the grip area to thin it down. Had to remove a "lot" of material to get it to be comparable dimensions to the HS stock. Still working on final sanding and starting to finish over it.

I will get this B&C stock tailored to fit me and my tastes. However, after this debacle, no more B&C stocks in the foreseeable future.

To the OP, if you have the $$$'s, my recommendation would be to go for the HS stock. Slightly heavier. Slightly more expensive. But well worth the difference IMO...