I am not assured about my survival or preps but I have thought about it extensively because IMHO stuff seems to be too quiet and we have way more than a sustainable population on our planet. Somebody or some thing is going to change the status quo. As an Alaskan its my duty to endure.

One dedicated BOL that is off the grid with a year's worth of supplies about 300 miles from here. I have enough food supplies here to last a year as well. More than 100,000 rds of 22lr and 100 lbs of silver. My wife has hypothyrodism and I have about 10 years of medication for her. We would have to go to Valdez or Cordova for seaweed but I have family established in those places as well. I have worked an extra part time job at SW for three years and I buy my stuff (ammo+everything else)at such a discount that I probably could last for a long time. I have enough dedicated archery setups that I wouldn't need to use firearms for anything but threat elimination. Right now, I am working on building enough of a base so that I could support my extended family.
The house we presently live in(Trailer) looks like a shanty and would not get noticed. The park manager is a good friend with way more preps than me including a self sufficient potato farm with about 10 years of preps in Delta. Everything in the park is monitored by cc video. He is older but very much a gray man. There would be a lot of threat elimination early on but then we would bug in until we could bug out. He has three large unimogs for getting to his place and I would run supports until I got to mine. Basically, with what I have once I get out to BOL 1 I would work to get ready to go completely off the grid for good in about two months. I have property in WSTE national park that I could actually defend against everything except a cruise missile. With the ag potential and the salmon I could live then next thirty years there. It has both geothermal and a huge mountain of coal as fuel resources.

I wouldn't pass this along without the proviso that hardly anybody would ever expect me to have those plans and you probably couldn't find me unless you were Randy. I believe he is equally well prepared but would go a different way. Its been -40F- -50F all week and that is normal weather for us during this time of the year. We thought that EL Nino was going to make us into sissies. I relish this weather because it makes the weak-minded move away.

Sincerely,
Thomas

Last edited by kaboku68; 01/30/15.