It's still brand-new and I've got it mounted up, but I have yet to use it in the field or on the range. My initial impressions are very, very good. The scope is built like a tank, and weighs 25oz. It feels like I could swap it for the framing hammer in my tool belt and it'd do the job okay.

The elevation turret is quite amazing. It's got a better feel then the turret on the SS 3-9x42, and about as good as my Razor HD Gen 1 5-20x50. I really like the turret indexing and zero stop mechanism, which is simple and would make slipping the turret in the field or at the range easy with nothing more than a quarter in your pocket. I was expecting the scope to be of a single-turn turret design, but it's really not because of the ZS design. The little nub on the turret housing extends up, and the nub on the ZS ring extends down, so that the sides of the nubs make contact with each other when you turn the ZS ring. The ring, when affixed to the turret, threads upward as you twist the turret up (unscrewing it from the housing), causing the nub on the ZS ring to rise away from the nub on the housing, causing them to clear each other as the turret approaches one full revolution up. The turret has a total range of 24.7 Mil, and I have access to 21.7 Mil with the ZS set 3 Mil from the bottom of the turret's range. This may not seem monumental, but I was expecting it to be a single-turn design, having slightly over 10 Mil of elevation with the ZS set.

All adjustments turn smoothly and without excessive effort. The reticle and glass are quite incredible for a scope in this price range, but glass impressions are still preliminary. For the feature set you get, I would still buy this scope if it were $200-300 more than the LRS.