Originally Posted by prm
Originally Posted by Ghostman
Out of the hundreds of thousands of Kimber Montana's produced most of which only shoot average or sub par groups I'm glad to see a couple of you got one that shoots decent.

If everyone on this site posted groups shot by rifles costing MUCH less there wouldn't be enough bandwidth to show them all.

But if you then filtered the list to rifles that carry as well in the mountains, fit and point as well, had controlled round feed, three position safety, etc., the list would get pretty short.

Actually that list would include exactly 1 riffle. Kimber 84M/L Montana!

No other production rifle has a petite, ultra-lightweight crf action with 3-pos safety and one of the very best, if not THE best, production closed trigger on the market.

Try to find a crf action the weight of the Kimber 84M/L at any price.

Add a laid (not chopped) fiberglass stock with aluminum pillars and 1" decelerator pad.

Call the stock $550. Call the bbl'd action $550.

That's $1100, which is what they can be bought for new.

Now go try to replicate it for that price. I double dog dare ya!

NOT POSSIBLE

The Kimber MT is THE best value in a lightweight production rifle there is. Nothing comes close.

And BTW, Kimber America hasn't made rifles in the multiple 100's of thousands. They "might" have reached a bit over 125,000 with all models.

I've had 16 different Montana's and could put up similar groups with all of them. Not one didn't have at least one bullet weight/style that would shoot like the 150 NBT groups I've posted.

I'm just sorry for those that can't shoot a lightweight rifle... and/or are too impatient to find out what their rifle likes, or are too stubborn or cheap to try a variety of bullets.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery