Looking at a CZ 527 in 7.62X39 that's at a local shop. I'ts a used gun priced the same as what I can order one for new. Figure it won't sell anytime soon so I'm not in a hurry to get it plus the longer it sits the more wiggle room they'll have. I have a Douglas 6mm 1:10 #2 blank in my safe not slotted for any rifle that I picked up cheap.

I already have a 6X47 Rem which is nearly identical as far as case capacity to the PPC. Other than a slight increase accuracy over my current 6X47 and ability to get Lapua and Norma brass what issues might I run into in this project. The twist is less than ideal for heavy bullets but I figure I'd be limited on magazine space anyway. Plus I don't have plans to run anything heavier then 80-85 grains and I have a hefty stash of 70 grain Nosler and Sierra bullets that my 6X47 loves.

I've read where there are some feeding issues on occasion with the PPC from a repeater. So that had me thinking 6mm Beggs and just necking up the Lapua .220 Russian cases might be the cure for any potential feeding issues. Main use for this rifle will be prairie dogs with the occasional pronghorn or deer.