Originally Posted by dennisinaz
The titanium stuff is too expensive to justify in a bedding application. I have had good luck bedding with Devcon 11010. I also like Marine Tex. I have also used Acra glas with aluminum powder. I don't feel that Acra glas really ever gets hard like these other two do. I have heat cure it.

I agree, except about Acraglas not getting really hard, assuming you are talking about the original Acraglas. I have found thin test strips get hard enough to snap when you bend them much, and that seems harder than some other types of epoxy. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I like Acraglas for final skim coats, thinking that takes care of shrinkage of the main bedding mass.

One thing about original Acraglas, you have to get the 1:4 mix exactly right. It isn't forgiving if you're much off that ratio, and it may not harden correctly.

Everyone has to define "works" for himself. Unless you have technical knowledge of epoxies and a means to measure shrinkage and hardness precisely (I don't), it's pretty subjective. There is also the question of longevity and resistance to solvents.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.