I think they are all blued,but mine hasn't rusted in humid Alabama.The trigger guard is metal,the magazine is polymer with a metal floorplate. The bolt is attached by a weld(I think). The rifle is well balanced and weighs about the same as a model 70 featherweight,maybe a few ounces less.

The thing that is appealing about these rifles is they are not a project in a box. The trigger,bedding,feeding,ejection,and accuracy are already there. The safety is positive yet quiet three position Model 70 type.

It is not an ultra light rifle,but it is certainly no truck gun,and I have carried a heavier rifle on lots of mountain hunts.

The only thing for me to complain about is there is no short action,my 308 is the same size as a 30-06 or 270. So if that offends you,just buy a 30-06 in the same rifle. I actually went to buy a 270,but the 308 had the best wood,a nice straight grained blond french walnut.

BobinNH would like this rifle,and the point of impact on mine doesn't shift as the barrel heats. I have certainly spent a lot more for less.

I wouldn't mind another in 270,or maybe 9.3x62.

Last edited by ruraldoc; 03/17/15.