Originally Posted by gemby58
This was going to happen sooner or later, I just felt it. I run a youth shooting club here in pa for 87 youths ages 6 through 16. Well the other day I caught one of the youth stealing 22 ammo. It was not a lot but it was stealing.
After sitting him down and talking to him he told me his dad put him up to it. Have no clue why a parent would tell the kids to steal for them. Its not the ammo it's what how it happen that pisses me off. If the dad wanted 22's for at home all he had to do is ask and I would have sold it to him.
The club is free to join, they get to shoot inside my 100 yard pole build that I built for my own shooting needs. I charge $5.00 each time for them to shoot 100 rounds which I think is fair as the price of 22's now days. Then have concrete pads to shoot off of and also 3 benches. Have 5 over sized 22 traps that I had my son make and weld out of 1/2" steel.
The question is what should I do with this kid. He never gave me any problems in the past that I know of, he might have been stealing from me for some time now I dont know. Should I leave him continue to shoot and watch his closely or just kick him out?
I started this 5 years ago to give kids something to do other than playing video games, and doing thing they shouldn't be doing, like one of my shooters just the other day got caught and arrested with 10 pounds of weed. I'm at a rock and a hard place here.

Keep the kid on, bust his pop's windpipe. Due diligence required.

I don't have a bunch on hand, but I'm sure I could contribute a bulk pack if needed, let me know.

Last edited by kciH; 04/21/15.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB