A guy I've known from another forum for about 10 years, has a 1917 9mm luger which is marked with German military markings from the time of the great war. It has all matching numbers with the exception of the extractor which is one number different. It has a matching numbered magazine and another magazine that isn't matching. It also has an old leather holster. Condition would be considered Good. Not pristine or excellent. It's seen some use and has some wear. It was supposedly a war bring back, but not from Europe. Supposedly it was actually found in the Pacific theater in the possession of a Japanese officer. Stories are worth squat, but if true, it's interesting.

The gun is being sold to pay for funeral expenses of the gentleman's father. The family has fallen on hard times and quite a few weapons are being sold. The asking price is $1200. I don't need a Luger, but feel compelled to help the guy out. Is this a reasonable price? I don't mind too terribly if I take a loss, but I'd prefer not to take a $600 loss on a future sale.

Any ideas?

Dan

It's a source of great pride to my family that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain