Electricity is magic. Ever since I was little and saw my sister stick a fork in an outlet I have thought so, and nothing I've seen since and shaken that belief.

The summer when I was four, mom said I took a piece of metal that formerly connected the drive wheels on a wind-up choo choo, climbed up on a chair and with one hand on the exposed steam radiator pipe, inserted the thin metal piece into a wall outlet.

I'd already learned not to grab the radiator pipe in the wintertime when the heat was on, so that wasn't a factor.

Got lucky the first time and picked the "hot" slot, wound up under the kitchen table screamin' that my tummy was on fire. Mom was always too dramatic with her descriptions.

So naturally when I was all growed up, got into working in housing construction as a plumber and electrician, among other things. Ain't hardly been jolted since the episode in the kitchen.

As for trailer wiring, I have owned a trailer of some sort since I was 17 and now have two. In my (51 years) experience, trailer wiring only works when it really friggin' feels like working, regardless of anything done by me.

One year I hauled the double axle flatbed to hunting camp to fetch a coupla cords of firewood home. Lights/brakes worked find when I left home. Hooked 'er up for the trip back, only had brake lights/turn signals. No problem, almost made it home afore dark.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.