Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
How low can silver go ?

Yesterday silver closed at $15.95 and was just wondering if its a good time to buy ?

And yes ... no one has a crystal ball.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It will go up soon

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Hotload
How low can silver go ?

Yesterday silver closed at $15.95 and was just wondering if its a good time to buy ?

Gold and Silver will continue to move with the dollar. Dollar up, gold and Silver down. The Euro and Yen are selling off retaliative to the dollar and precious metals, and Japan is starting another round of it's on QE. One current play is to be long the Japanese stock market, and shot the yen.

Also, on an earnings basis, perhaps the cheapest market in the world right now is Russia.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by savage62
It will go up soon

That's what they have been saying...

...for a long time. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Silver and gold will definitely go *way* up eventually. But it's not something to look forward to.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Silver and gold will definitely go *way* up eventually. But it's not something to look forward to.

But it will be worth something when paper takes on the value of paper.

Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Bristoe

But it will be worth something when paper takes on the value of paper.

Having silver/gold in my gun locker just gives a good feeling. If or when SHTF be good to have.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Around 1970, I bought silver for about three dollars ans sols it a year or so ago for forty five bucks. That investment was good.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Around 1970, I bought silver for about three dollars ans sols it a year or so ago for forty five bucks. That investment was good.

Meh. Little over 6% annually.

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes. Nothing great but at least I didn't loose. I have yet to understand what is so great about owning gold and silver. Hedge against inflation? How?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Yes. Nothing great but at least I didn't loose. I have yet to understand what is so great about owning gold and silver. Hedge against inflation? How?
Gold and silver are two of the best preservers of wealth going. Gold and silver as investments? Hit or miss.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Hedge against the dollars collapse?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Should the dollar collapse, how would you barter with gold or silver? With a set of scales as back in the gold rush days?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Best use for gold and silver I can see is to purchase transport and security someplace else if the SHTF.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by eyeball

I guess you haven't been paying attention to what direction the dollar's been going lately...

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
How low can silver go ?

Gold and Silver will continue to move with the dollar. Dollar up, gold and Silver down. The Euro and Yen are selling off retaliative to the dollar and precious metals, and Japan is starting another round of it's on QE. One current play is to be long the Japanese stock market, and shot the yen.

Also, on an earnings basis, perhaps the cheapest market in the world right now is Russia.

Having just moved back from Japan after almost 24 years, I am bearish on investments there, based on a long recent history of extremely bad government judgments and declining demographics.

As for Russia, as Jack Bogle says (and I repeat on my web site), there is a reason for investment there being so cheap: the risk factor is atrocious. The same with Greece. As Bogle says, "they win!"

He further notes that if you want to invest in foreign markets, play it safe and invest in US multinationals. They typically have over half of their business in foreign markets and have learned how to handle the various risks. Over time, you will do far better than trying to go on your own.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't invest in Silver. I "invest" in lead and powder. If you have plenty of lead and powder when SHTF, you will be able to get all the silver you want. wink

Last edited by chlinstructor; 06/10/15.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I don't invest in Silver. I "invest" in lead and powder. If you have plenty of lead and powder when SHTF, you will be able to get all the silver you want. wink

smile

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Anjin
How low can silver go ?

Having just moved back from Japan after almost 24 years, I am bearish on investments there, based on a long recent history of extremely bad government judgments and declining demographics.

As for Russia, as Jack Bogle says (and I repeat on my web site), there is a reason for investment there being so cheap: the risk factor is atrocious. The same with Greece. As Bogle says, "they win!"

He further notes that if you want to invest in foreign markets, play it safe and invest in US multinationals. They typically have over half of their business in foreign markets and have learned how to handle the various risks. Over time, you will do far better than trying to go on your own.

U.S multi-national report their earning in dollars. The strong dollar hurts their exports and they get hit by the currency conversion as well.

As for Japan, you are just playing the QE, it's not a long term play.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by eyeball

I guess you haven't been paying attention to what direction the dollar's been going lately...

I always thought you too smart to consider lately as the future. Sorry.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,584
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.