-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
We have not had one of these in awhile, but it's still happening.
link to story
A Mississippi man who helped out a neighbor by alerting him to a suspicious lurker outside of his home ended up having his yellow Labrador retriever shot by a cop investigating the scene.What do you think?

The dog, Miller, was on a leash when a Cleveland, Miss. police investigator shot him, according to Tyler and Bethany Muzzi. The dog’s owners also said that the investigator initially claimed that the 1-year-old yellow lab tried to attack him and that he didn’t know he was leashed. But Cleveland’s police chief later admitted that the officer knew Miller was restrained but that he was still within his rights to shoot.What do you think?

Tyler Muzzi was getting ready to head into work shortly after 1 p.m. last Friday when he saw a suspicious man outside of his neighbor’s house. Muzzi called the neighbor, Bryant Steele, who then called police.What do you think?

Officers arrived quickly and began searching for the suspect. After catching and arresting the man, Muzzi went back into his house thinking everything had been settled.What do you think?

But things only got worse for the Muzzis and their beloved pet.What do you think?

“Tyler walked back inside and heard two gunshots,” Bethany Muzzi described on Facebook. “Thinking the [suspect] got away he went outside and all of the officers were standing around casually and said ‘hey man is that your dog?'”What do you think?

“Apparently the investigator had arrived and walked back to the backyard without asking the other officers whether or not there was a dog.”What do you think?

She said that as the investigator walked up, Miller ran over to him. Feeling threatened, the investigator shot Miller, Muzzi said.What do you think?

“Miller was in the backyard on a line the whole time and none of the other officers ever expressed a concern for him or Tyler could have put him in our pen,” she wrote.What do you think?

After Miller was shot, the officers stood around Miller as he whimpered, according to the Muzzis. Tyler Muzzi ran inside to get towels to wrap around the dog to take him to the vet. An hour after dropping Miller off, the vet called back saying that the bullets had severed his spine and that he would have to be put down.What do you think?

“We thought by having our year and a half old lab puppy in our backyard on a line, he was safe,” Bethany Muzzi wrote. “We just want justice for our baby!”What do you think?

“He said my dog tried to attack him on the line and was vicious,” Tyler Muzzi told The Clarion-Ledger. “I repeated over and over that I didn’t understand. He was attached to a line. He said he didn’t see the line when he saw Miller, he said Miller was rushing towards him.”What do you think?

But the investigator’s claim has been called into question, and by his own police chief. According to The Clarion-Ledger, Chief Charles Bingham admitted that the investigator was aware that Miller was on a line but that he was within his rights to defend himself. Bingham offered to pay vet bills and to buy a new dog for the Muzzi’s.What do you think?

“That was like a slap in the face,” Tyler Muzzi told The Clarion-Ledger.What do you think?

Bingham did not respond to The Daily Caller’s request for additional comment.What do you think?

The investigator who shot Miller was placed on administrative leave. The Muzzis say they are considering suing the police department. In the meantime, they’ve struggled to explain to their young daughter what happened to Miller.What do you think?

“We told her he was run over,” Bethany Muzzi wrote to friends Facebook. “We wanted to preserve her innocence in knowing that policemen are here to protect us. (Which we strongly believe!).”What do you think?

“We don’t know if lying to her was the right thing to do, but as a parent you want to protect your child and sometimes that means hiding evil in the world.”What do you think?

Sam......

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i don't know what to think

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Being within his rights by some twisted reasoning is not the same as doing the right thing.
Maybe he just wanted to join the club.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think that if nothing else it sounds like the cop should be fired for dishonesty. That'd be the cleanest way to get rid of him.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think the less you have to do with cops,the better off you will be.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I think the less you have to do with cops,the better off you will be.

EVERYONE should take that to heart.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
”What do you think?

Without a video, it's hard to know, but what I "think" is that a lot of people believe black mouth cur mixes are "labs". Especially the kind that keep them on clothes lines.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
One of these days somebody is going to get the living chit beat out of them or worse for shooting a dog.
Quite a rash of these "friendly fire" dog incidents lately.
Trigger happy MF's

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
”What do you think?

Without a video, it's hard to know, but what I "think" is that a lot of people believe black mouth cur mixes are "labs". Especially the kind that keep them on clothes lines.

If it's under control, restrained on a line, then who cares what breed it is? I hate pit bulls, but I wouldn't shoot one on a line in someone's backyard.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You might.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
I'm always saddened when I see these stories. Knowing and understanding there always can be extenuating circumstances, I wonder where some of these cops grew up and were trained? It wasn't that long ago a cop shot a lab here in ID and the video was pretty clear. I think the lab might have licked him to death first if he hadn't shot him.

Ravenr2 is right. Someone's going to get in a schitt load of trouble when they lose their cool and stomp a mud hole in some cops azz....and in one of these wrongful cases, I'd be cheering him on.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If there is a perp on the loose and tensions are high, and someone out of uniform enters a back yard unannounced and starts popping off rounds they should expect to catch some lead.

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You never here of a cop shooting a cat. wink

Last edited by chlinstructor; 06/19/15.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

You never hear of anyone COMPLAINING that a cop shot a cat.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

You never hear of anyone COMPLAINING that a cop shot a cat.

shocked laugh

Last edited by chlinstructor; 06/19/15.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1Longbow, 160user, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 007FJ, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.