Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Fourth, Dipschit parents have to have some skin in the game. These kids display warnings signs early. They have to let someone smarter then them know and TAKE ACTION. If they don't, they get charged as an accessory. These psychos grow up and become parents. And the cycle continues.

Bull. He was 21, the parents are NOT accountable for the actions of a 21 year old unless they were grossly negligent or accessories. You don't even want to start down that path legally..

OTOH you think he went nuts at 21 and never showed signs?

Parents should be accountable to an extent, and if they report and nothing is done, then they've done mostly all they can.

Responsibility man. ITs gone.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Fourth, Dipschit parents have to have some skin in the game. These kids display warnings signs early. They have to let someone smarter then them know and TAKE ACTION. If they don't, they get charged as an accessory. These psychos grow up and become parents. And the cycle continues.

Bull. He was 21, the parents are NOT accountable for the actions of a 21 year old unless they were grossly negligent or accessories. You don't even want to start down that path legally..

Psychosis doesn't appear on your 21st birthday. The alleged killer repeated 9th grade then left. It started way before he turned 21.

Look at this guy's eyes. They're empty.

[Linked Image]

"Roof repeated ninth grade at White Knoll High School in Lexington County. He left the school in February 2010. A month later, he enrolled at Dreher High School in Columbia, S.C., as a ninth grade student. He left the school in May, The Wall Street Journal reported."

Those Columbine killers were teens as was the Newtown murderer. Theater boy displayed tendencies while in high school. My wife works in the mental health field with kids. They display these psychoses before adulthood. As an example, she had a 13 year old that she tried to have committed, but single mama raised hell with administration and said kid was kept in society and school. 3 or 4 weeks ago, he drop kicked an 18 month old repeatedly. Now the kid is being "psychologically evaluated" before being charged with 1st degree murder or something less. He already was evaluated and if someone would stand up and say enough", then the infant would still be alive. My guess is he'll get juvey and be out when he's 21. The church shooter will get life and join the skinhead gang in prison as a hero and get their protection.

Legally, I'm not sure how it would work, although I think you could have a law that says if you're under 18, mom & dad are on the hook. It would at least start the process and hopefully identify potential threats. Sure the ACLU clowns will get their panties in a bunch, [sarcasm font on] but if the occupant can take on the NRA over Newtown, then he can certainly deal with his own people [sarcasm font off].

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GunGeek
So how we as a society deal with these psychotic Fork-heads who decide to just up and murder a bunch of people?

A return to: God, engaged two parent home, a sense of citizenship, responsibility, respect & accountability. But these concepts are so old, I might get booted form this site.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Psychosis doesn't appear on your 21st birthday. The alleged killer repeated 9th grade then left. It started way before he turned 21.

Originally Posted by rost495

Parents should be accountable to an extent, and if they report and nothing is done, then they've done mostly all they can.

Repeated 9th grade??? OMG!!! Pull in the teachers, counselors and principals also! They're all complicit and responsible!!!

Responsibility... I do not think it means what you think it means.

I was fully responsible for ME starting at about age 16. Not my parents, not my teachers, not anybody but ME. People like you who want to blame other people than the criminal is part of the nanny state problem we have and why so many people blame their problems on others. Maybe the parents were bad parents, but unless they did something legally actionable such as supply a firearm to a prohibited person (which they didn't do) then the responsibility lies on the ADULT WHO COMMITTED THE CRIME.

Jeez..

Last edited by Calhoun; 06/19/15.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
don't show their picture in the news
don't publish their manifesto
don't tell their life story
don't make them famous
don't give them the attention they crave

Do show their execution.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The most obvious thing to do is stop giving them attention with the non stop news coverage after the shootings. They do this crap because they're losers who want their 15 minutes of fame and they get it in spades with their name & face plastered all over the 24/7 news coverage.

If all the media had a policy of not naming the shooter & no pictures then it would remove a lot of their incentive.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bull_Elk
A quick short answer would be to allow public prayer and put discipline back in the schools to make up for it's lack at home.

Yep. Give em' a paddlin' at school for talkin' in class and not standing in a straight line in the hallway, and make em' participate in a prayer before they go eat franks n' beans in the school cafeteria...and they won't grow up to do a mass shooting.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by antlers

Yep. Give em' a paddlin' at school for talkin' in class and not standing in a straight line in the hallway, and make em' participate in a prayer before they go eat franks n' beans in the school cafeteria...

No franks n' beans in school cafeterias any more, Michelle Obama took care of that.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Repeated 9th grade??? OMG!!! Pull in the teachers, counselors and principals also! They're all complicit and responsible!!!

I was fully responsible for ME starting at about age 16. Not my parents, not my teachers, not anybody but ME. People like you who want to blame other people than the criminal is part of the nanny state problem we have and why so many people blame their problems on others. Maybe the parents were bad parents, but unless they did something legally actionable such as supply a firearm to a prohibited person (which they didn't do) then the responsibility lies on the ADULT WHO COMMITTED THE CRIME.

Jeez..

OH I know what it means to me. That as a parent you can see your child doing things. Its your responsibility to try to keep them right. And if not, its your responsibility to let other folks know before bad things happen.

Note that I did not say parents were guilty of murder, but they were, or in some cases, should be complicit for ignoring and not doing something. Something.

But yes, the bottom line is certainly the adult that did this is ultimately responsible.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OH I know what it means to me. That as a parent you can see your child doing things. Its your responsibility to try to keep them right. And if not, its your responsibility to let other folks know before bad things happen.

Note that I did not say parents were guilty of murder, but they were, or in some cases, should be complicit for ignoring and not doing something. Something.

But yes, the bottom line is certainly the adult that did this is ultimately responsible.

We're on the same page.. parents or any person is morally responsible for stepping in as much as possible if it looks like somebody's gone over the deep end and is a danger to somebody else.

Such as the nutjob who bought the armored car and attacked the police station. Apparently I read that he'd told family members that he was thinking of going into a grade school and shooting it up - not shooting people, just shooting up the school while kids were there. So that they would hire armed guards. THAT family should have reported him and they have to live with their failure to help him, but the nutjob still is the one responsible.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
Stop doping up a little boy for being a boy, stop telling them there special and bust their ass' when they get out of line!

Agreed, Gunner!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't think this is what .gov wants.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Solution?
C4, a five gallon bucket, some duct tape and a gravel pit.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why is it always the lunatic's fault...?

After all, he's just the lunatic-du-jour.

It ain't like there's any shortage of 'em anytime soon.

And let us not forget that the 2nd Amendment gives every American citizen the right to not engage in legal self defense.

That's what that church and parishioners chose for themselves, and that's exactly what they got.

Perhaps the good church goers were counting on Jesus to protect them, but failed to consider that at the time he was likely dealing with all the other hundreds of millions of prayers being prayed to him that day, maybe billions of prayers...and that's only them what's coming from Earth.

He's gotta be a very busy boy.

Or maybe they just didn't pray 'em quick enough to get into the cue.

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by jdm953
Has anyone mentioned this was a gun free zone.The victims were not allowed to have a gun in church.They were just fish in a barrel because of the SC laws and paid the price for it.
It will be the guns fault, when it could be partly the victims fault for not fighting back.....

That is incorrect, many people carry in church here in SC, it is up to the Powers to be in the church as to who can carry.
There are security details in a lot of churches here in SC.

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Jeez..

I know what responsibly is, but thanks anyway. Parenting is the greatest responsibility most will have in their lifetimes and a certain percentage will be epic failures. Does that excuse them? Nope.

No one is suggesting indicting everyone who's had contact with the kid. Buck stops at the parents. Period. MAKE IT legally actionable if there's willful neglect of reporting mental health deficiencies. This man/kid is ultimately responsible; he committed the crime and will do the time - same as all the others.

As I understand it this kid DROPPED OUT in the ninth grade. If he's my son, I'd put a boot in his ass and get him back in school. After he graduates high school and he's living under my roof he would be going to school full time/with a part time job or working full time. There has to be responsibility on the parents end.

A kid being totally responsible for himself at 16 today is by far the exception and not the norm. If parents want to coddle their child, then they own that kid's actions until the kid is 18; otherwise don't dump the sperm in the first place.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One simple question,.....

Looks like , at this point, "He re-loaded 5 times" has been aired, posted, printed, and probably radiated into space via SETTI, to boot, and likely a million times, in every language known.

Would someone PLEASE advise as to whether this deformed, malevolent cretin was shooting a Revolver, or a Semi-automatic sidearm ?

Thx,

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 06/19/15.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc

That narrows it right down to,.....WHAT ?

....could be a Schofield or a damned Glock.

WTF, Over ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Standard 1911 in .45acp, from what I've heard on FOX News. Who knows for sure, though. It could be a friggin Hi-Point...... Especially when the Press calls evey AR-15 used in a shooting a machine gun.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (300_savage, 69sportfury, 17CalFan, akpls, AKislander, 11 invisible), 1,590 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,562
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.