I tried a new recipe using a slice of wild pork trimmed about 1 1/2" thick from the meat in front of the ham. [Linked Image] It was possibly the best wild hog I have eaten in 20 years. Here's the recipe:
<br>
<br>OSSO BUCCO
<br>
<br>Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
<br>
<br>2 lbs Wild Hog steak (cut 1 - 1 1/2 inches thick)
<br>Olive oil
<br>flour
<br>1/2 c white wine
<br>1/2 c tomatoes (canned or fresh) skinned
<br>Seasoned stock (I used two chicken bouillon AND two beef bouillon cubes; about 2-3 cups water)
<br>Gremolata (recipe follows)
<br>
<br>Dip the pork in olive oil then in flour. Heat 1/4 c olive oil in pan (pan which can also go in oven with cover). Brown the pork, on both sides, very slowly, for 15 minutes then pour the wine and tomatoes over them add enough stock to cover at least 1/2 of the meats thickness (more is better). Cover with foil. Prick about 8-10 toothpick holes through the foil to allow the escape of excess steam. Bake 2+ hours, until meat is very tender, falling from the bone. In last 5 mins or so of baking, sprinkle with gremolata.
<br>
<br>Gremolata
<br>2 Tbs parsley (fresh preferred) minced
<br>1 clove garlic (minced)
<br>1/2 teas lemon rind (grated)
<br>Mix well and sprinkle on pork. Continue to bake the food for 5-10 minutes, so it can absorb the flavor.
<br>

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.