Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It's not about just the flag alone, either, but apparently anything honoring the Confederacy.

Panel that controls fate of Jefferson Davis statue in Kentucky Capitol to meet Thursday

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2015/06/24/3915532_jack-conway-joins-republicans.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

UT President Speaks Out on Jefferson Davis Statue

http://www.twcnews.com/tx/austin/ne...peaks-out-on-jefferson-davis-statue.html

Say Goodbye To The Jefferson Davis Statue In Mid-City As Well

http://thehayride.com/2015/06/say-goodbye-to-the-jefferson-davis-statue-in-mid-city-as-well/

Confederate Jefferson Davis Monument Vandalized In Virginia With Phrase 'Black Lives Matter'
http://www.ibtimes.com/confederate-...rginia-phrase-black-lives-matter-1983665

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Those of you in the south, or with southern roots, how do you answer those who proclaim the flag represents a support for slavery or modern day racism? How do you define what the flag means to you?

And I swear, this is not an attempt to troll, I'm just completely ignorant on the whole matter. I don't believe for a minute that those proud of their southern roots are racist, nor do I see their pride in the flag as racism, but I would like to get it straight from the south, how you all perceive the flag what it means to southerners..

Thank you.

well Mike, your thread IS an attempt to troll.

I have mentioned before, that the various Flags of the Confederacy represent to me, the sacrifice my Great Grandfather and his family made, in an effort to support what they believed in.
He was not a slave owner, just a small farmer. He was not a General, an officer, a politician, or a policy maker. Just a dirt farmer, a Christian, and he fought for his people and his land.
It's my heritage. I support it.

Shut up Sam, why is it that the same little girls show up in every post pointing their fingers sealing "troll"?

well sissy, YOU are the one that brought the 'trolling' thing to the table. laugh

Sam......

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Public cemetery monuments will be next.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
imagine everyone's surprise when the confederate symbols of hate are gone, and people are still pissed off at each other.

Wonder what will be next?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Public cemetery monuments will be next.

look for the public cemeteries to be first to ban the Flag. Next will come the forced removal of the plaques and stones.
That is going to cause some conflict

Sam......

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Yhgtbfkm
imagine everyone's surprise when the confederate symbols of hate are gone, and people are still pissed off at each other.

Wonder what will be next?
People.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I understand what you are saying. My point is that it only represents one point of view. Unfortunately for those of us who were not a part of it we must rely on what is left for us to read. We never really get the whole picture.

EXACTLY!

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
There is an entire cemetery of confederate veteransand widows in downtown Austin Texas. Including the grave of General A. S. Johnston. Along with heros of San Jacinto, WWI, WWII, and other dignitaries.
Place is called the Texas State Cemetery. Wonder what will happen there?

Last edited by kaywoodie; 06/25/15.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Those of you in the south, or with southern roots, how do you answer those who proclaim the flag represents a support for slavery or modern day racism? How do you define what the flag means to you?

And I swear, this is not an attempt to troll, I'm just completely ignorant on the whole matter. I don't believe for a minute that those proud of their southern roots are racist, nor do I see their pride in the flag as racism, but I would like to get it straight from the south, how you all perceive the flag what it means to southerners..

Thank you.

well Mike, your thread IS an attempt to troll.

I have mentioned before, that the various Flags of the Confederacy represent to me, the sacrifice my Great Grandfather and his family made, in an effort to support what they believed in.
He was not a slave owner, just a small farmer. He was not a General, an officer, a politician, or a policy maker. Just a dirt farmer, a Christian, and he fought for his people and his land.
It's my heritage. I support it.

Shut up Sam, why is it that the same little girls show up in every post pointing their fingers sealing "troll"?

well sissy, YOU are the one that brought the 'trolling' thing to the table. laugh

Well if you'll take note for just a minute Sam, the conversation is going nicely with the exception of your usual negativity. Get some sun if the discussion is bothering you friend.

Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Gotta love a valid point! smile

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Keeper!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
the flag was raised in the 60's also because it was a centennial celebration of the CSA....

Here is a non-revisionist look at Honest Abe, the great Emancipator LOL

I suggest you read it Barkoff

http://www.history.com/news/5-things-you-may-not-know-about-lincoln-slavery-and-emancipation

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Only if for a same-sex wedding.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those familiar with the history, wasn't it true that after the war ended, slavery was abolished in the South but was allowed to carry on in some Northern states, do you know for how long that went on?
lincoln didnt free any slaves until 1863, that being said none were set free just because he "freed" them...he was on record stating he wouldve not freed any slaves if it wouldve ended the war

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rand Paul weighs in on Confederate flag: It’s a symbol of slavery

Republican Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul on Tuesday praised South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley’s call to remove the Confederate flag from state capitol grounds, making him the final major GOP contender to weigh in on the issue.

“I think the flag is inescapably a symbol of human bondage and slavery — and particularly when people use it obviously for murder and to justify hatred so vicious that you would kill somebody — I think that that symbolism needs to end, and I think South Carolina is doing the right thing,” Paul told radio station WKRO.

Paul had kept quiet on the topic in the days following the massacre at Charleston’s Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church, a historic black house of worship, that left nine people dead. A spokesman for the senator told the Washington Post on Monday that he was “out of pocket” and not available for comment.

“There have been people who have used [the flag] for Southern pride and heritage and all of that, but really … to every African-American in the country it’s a symbolism of slavery to them,” Paul said on WKRO. “And now it’s a symbol of murder for this young man, and so I think it’s time to put it in a museum.”

While the other major candidates weighed in before Paul via statements and interviews, they carefully avoided taking a substantive position on the issue until Haley joined a bipartisan group of top state officials on Monday in calling on the legislature to take down the flag. Haley’s move, which provided political cover for candidates wary of upsetting voters in the early primary state, garnered immediate praise former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, and former Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

Paul’s absence from the debate was especially glaring given his unusual role in the party on matters of race. The senator has called on his party to aggressively court African-American votes and has put in major work on issues like criminal justice reform, which civil rights groups have made a top priority in recent years.

There’s also an uncomfortable history for Paul, however: He gained national attention criticizing the 1964 Civil Rights Act during his 2010 Senate run (he later indicated his support for the law), and co-wrote a book with a radio shock jock, Jack Hunter— who dubbed himself the “Southern Avenger” and wore a Confederate flag mask. Paul also notably supported the presidential campaigns of his father, former Rep. Ron Paul (R-Tex.), who has fiercely criticized Abraham Lincoln and published years of racially inflammatory newsletters.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by joken2
It's not about just the flag alone, either, but apparently anything honoring the Confederacy.

Panel that controls fate of Jefferson Davis statue in Kentucky Capitol to meet Thursday

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2015/06/24/3915532_jack-conway-joins-republicans.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

UT President Speaks Out on Jefferson Davis Statue

http://www.twcnews.com/tx/austin/ne...peaks-out-on-jefferson-davis-statue.html

Say Goodbye To The Jefferson Davis Statue In Mid-City As Well

http://thehayride.com/2015/06/say-goodbye-to-the-jefferson-davis-statue-in-mid-city-as-well/

Confederate Jefferson Davis Monument Vandalized In Virginia With Phrase 'Black Lives Matter'
http://www.ibtimes.com/confederate-...rginia-phrase-black-lives-matter-1983665

Another sign of the issues this country is having, is that a LONG standing statue, of a person is debated as to if it should remain, rather than the fact that some criminal vandalized it by painting it.
I"m willing to bet that IF they were looking for the criminal, and thats a HUGE if, they certainly would pour praise upon them, if found, rather than issuing a summons/citation.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
wonder what american indians think of old glory

wounded knee

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

OLD GLORY
[Linked Image]

― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You gotta give Ms.Haley credit...she has balls to think that the 80% of voters who want the flag to stay love her enough to always vote for her.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
hope she is shown the door for being gutless

― George Orwell, 1984
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (35, 308ld, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 8 invisible), 1,876 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,730
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.