Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Where the hell have I been?

First, broken and replace hip. Busted up pretty bad so it took a few days in the hospital and then a few weeks in rehab to lean how to walk and manage pain.

Second, larynx cancer was finally found, after bitching about the pain for a year or so, and the surgery, chemo, radiation and rehab took some more time. All this after replacing 3 discs in my neck with bone from my good hip.

Home now and I can walk without crutches.): Next appointments are not for 3 months, but no more horses hills mountains and fly fishing or any of the good stuff worth living for.

Going to sell a bunch of guns, reloading stuff, tack, etc. in the near future. I'll have a list in a couple of weeks for y'all to ponder.

And I don't really care how hard the deer flies bit you. ):

Wayne

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
sorry for your troubles. we're all getting older and all will see the strength of our youth fade away, eventually.

hope your recovery continues, ked

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Come on down to the flatlands. We'll find something for you to do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yep compromise seems to be a way of life

but never give up and never give in

live it to the fullest, no matter where the level is on the glass

if trouble comes in 3's you should be golden for a bit

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would a gander at the list, but I'd really rather you kept it for yourself. Hang in there. You might recover more than you know. Have fun with the one good hip.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
It isn't the age, model or miles that make you old. (I'm only 75). The rocky roads, poor upkeep, and lack of brains to tell you when to quit will.

Wayne

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wish you well with your health.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
It isn't the age, model or miles that make you old. (I'm only 75). The rocky roads, poor upkeep, and lack of brains to tell you when to quit will.

Wayne

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
God bless! You are a fighter!!

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
None of those problems are a picnic. From experience in our family, you might find that 3 months is kind of a turning point, when you start to feel half decent again. Then it takes another 9 months to get over hip replacement and feel normal again.

I do wish you the best in your recovery. I'm 72 in a couple of months, and I'm finding that while I can't do the things I did at 21, there are still plenty of great things I enjoy.

Be not weary in well doing.
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Ranger,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Rest assured, though, That I have already set aside stuff I need to load my current needs. There will be things people need, like 30-40 348 358 Win 50-110
284 and other stuff that is hard to find. No rip offs because some of this stuff is of no use to me, like a set of 40-82 and a set of 45-90 dies would go for less than $25 each.

I am not quitting (what's that) I am just beginning to get real.

Thanks

Wayne

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Glad you are still in the fight, Wayne.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by peepsight3006
Ranger,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Rest assured, though, That I have already set aside stuff I need to load my current needs. There will be things people need, like 30-40 348 358 Win 50-110
284 and other stuff that is hard to find. No rip offs because some of this stuff is of no use to me, like a set of 40-82 and a set of 45-90 dies would go for less than $25 each.

I am not quitting (what's that) I am just beginning to get real.

Thanks

Wayne

It's good to settle down a little and be realistic about your next 40 years.

Seems the attitude is still quite in check, glad to see.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
been wondering where you've been Wayne, good to hear you are recovered for the most part. sorry to hear of the medical troubles.
you'll be in our prayers

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
peepsight3006,Good to have you back! I didn't know of all your troubles, but it's good to see that you've turned the corner. Best Wishes on a good recovery, and getting back to doing some of the things that you enjoy! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm hoping you feel sassy and eager again in the near future! Here's to ya!

Best if you can find something to sink your teeth into that will help motivate you through the tough times. Something you're just as passionate about as the things you've done in your youth. Seems like a natural progression as we age to shift priorities, but one we sometimes resist in an effort to hang onto the past. Live today for what it is. Best to you Wayne.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good to hear you've turned the corner. That's a lot of troubles for anybody. Now, just don't do something stupid like choke to death on a hotdog over the 4th of July.... wink

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Wayne, you express very well, the feelings of a lot of us older guys. In my case, my heart and mind want to keep doing the things I love, but my body just won't comply.
Took me three days to put up my big tent to air it out. Several hours just to fold it up, and re pack it.
I know you, like me, will keep on keeping on, as well, and as often, as you can.
Best wishes for your continued recovery. smile

Sam......

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Glad you're back. Prayers for continued recovery.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Guess I'm in that same boat. Be 77 in a month and a half, been fighting a bad knee for close to 14 years now. Doc refuses to give me another cortisone shot but did give ,e some bad stuff for high blood pressure. Damn near killed me this last January. Was on my yearly cow elk cull hunt which I do because that knee won't let me hunt like I used to so it's ride around in a truck till I see my animal, get out and take the shot. Gripes my guts that I have to doll it that way but it's better than nothing. Damn doc at the VA gave me new meds for the high BP and after shooting my elk, I had to walk about 100 yards to tag and help the guide with the gutting. I could not make 25 yards. I literally could not move to even lift my leg to take a step. Breathing at over 9,000' MSL is hard enough but no air coming in. Finally got to the elk with help from the guide and we got it done but I was literally done for the rest of the trip. By the time I got home, I was so sick I started puking at 3AM and it was almost non-stop until about sometime after 3PM. Guess I finally ran out of gas. Got pneumonia from try so hard to breathe and possibly frostbit my lungs a bit. The med the doc gave my was Propanalol which just happens to slow your heart way down Damn pills were not letting my heart pump enough blood for me to make it up that slight hill. So what am I going to do? I'm going to do one last elk hunt, that's what. I've done five hunts on that place and got an elk each time. The guide knows me quite well so things should go just fine. Now if I can just keep on kicking until Dec 31 which is when the hunt starts, I'll be a happy man.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

293 members (1lesfox, 160user, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 29 invisible), 1,792 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,493,023
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.