-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 39 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 38 39
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know that I will be in the minority, but I much prefer the informal shooting to the organized shoots. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will try to get at least one target stand set up by Friday AM so that folks can shoot/test/sight rifles informally any time that day. And, there should be some informal time early Sat - before the shoot contests - and after as well. Sunday AM will be wide open - and during the entire weekend there is a BIG forest out there for anyone who wants to use it. Let's have fun.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The informal stuff is the most fun of all but it is still nice to have a little 'friendly competition'. We may have to make Miles the judge!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With regard to interesting handgun shooting, Ken Howell sent the following message.

From Ken:
"Ed Bryant (APDDSN0864, bryant.edgmail.com) doesn't expect to be here for next month's rendezvous. Too bad! He and I have for sometime been ping-ponging ideas for a stand-up "Old West" shoot-out between pairs of pistoleros.

Whoever's willing to honcho such a game next month should consult Ed to see what he has come-up with. Please pass this along to anyone whom you think might be interested
and qualified. I'd love to do it but just can't offer anything except ideas.

I think that he's been ginning-up some sort of rig for such a"shoot-out." He has some very good insights, based on both real LEO field experience and practical group rifle-shooting
exercises that he has organized.

If you or a likely, willing, and able candidate would like, I'll be happy to discuss what Ed and I have come-up with so far. The contest that we envision would be suitable for any
kind of handgun in any caliber from .22 rimfire up (except shotshell, of course). It would test both quickness and skill.

I'd hate to see such an opportunity for a good handgun match get little or no consideration. I'm (or was) a long-range rifleman — also was a long-range and competitive pistolero (in
years sadly long gone and irrecoverable). Let's hope that long experience is still worth a bit more than an old fart's reminiscing! "

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hate to hear that Ed might not make it. Somebody needs to talk to him, sternly. miles

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miles, I agree. Very sternly.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by milespatton
I hate to hear that Ed might not make it. Somebody needs to talk to him, sternly. miles

agreed...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yeah Ed....

if I can drive from Oregon to Texas.. you should be able to make it from Texas over to New Mexico.... grin

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
I would very much like to see Ed, make it N.M. also, As for the big bore shoot I will be happy to set it up for anyone that wants to shoot big bores for fun and the hell of it. should be a good time had by all, and if some one with something other than a big bore wants to join in the fun you will be welcome. It will be off hand at some fairly close ranges. hopefully at moving targets. Blue
P.S. Come on Ed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Plans are to be up there Thursday before the event and be available to help CCCC get set up. In the past we brought a large ice chest with drinks on ice. If acceptable we will plan to do that this year. Plan to stay Monday to help clean up or whatever. Let me know if I need to bring something else.

Mark

IC B3

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Nice Mark, much appreciated.

Mark does always have a bunch of water/soda on ice for all.

Kent

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by krp
Nice Mark, much appreciated.

Mark does always have a bunch of water/soda on ice for all.

Kent

Nice!!!! Thanks Mark!!!

laugh

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Dennis and I are talking pull pork plus bbq chicken for saturday, I make potato salad, if anyone wants to bring some tubs of coleslaw that's fine, I can't stand the stuff so always forget about it. Oh and we'll have beans also.

Kent

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Seafire
Yeah Ed....if I can drive from Oregon to Texas.. you should be able to make it from Texas over to New Mexico.... grin

John, et al, I fly home from a training conference in Charlotte, NC on Friday, July 24. I arrive at DFW at 21:00hrs (for you Air Force types, Mickey's big hand is on the twelve, his little hand is on the nine). laugh

By my GPS, the quickest route from DFW to Armijo Springs is 776 miles, estimated driving time 12 hrs, 8 minutes. If I don't sleep or stop, I can be there around 09:00 hrs. (AF Guys, looking at the clock, this looks just like the 21:00hrs, except it's daylight outside. grin )

Sanely, I don't see a way to do it and be coherent enough to enjoy your company. cry

This is the second year in a row that a training conference has blocked my attendance and it's getting old.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ed - sorry 'bout that - I (et al) sure will miss you.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
Ed, I am surprised you are not trained yet! Blue

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RIO7
Ed, I am surprised you are not trained yet! Blue

He's making progress.............. he "goes" on the paper over half the time.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sanely, I don't see a way to do it and be coherent enough to enjoy your company.

You need a chauffeur. Just don't pull a Curdog. grin miles

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On a serious note, Ed I could come by and get your guns that you want to shoot and other things, if you wanted to fly in somewhere closer. Not sure where you could go to except Albuquerque.That is a pretty long drive from camp, but doable. miles

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ed, if you can get into ABQ, I would be willing to come and get you. You'd probably have to ride home with Miles, though, so you might want to give it more thought before pulling the trigger. grin

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Page 13 of 39 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1beaver_shooter, 22magnut, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,901 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,603
Posts18,532,573
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.