Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hey Guys and Gals:

Some advice and opinions solicited.

I'm an old senior who lost my spouse many years ago and so I have been fending for myself alone. I will rate myself as a pretty fair cook with a limited repertoire and expertise but manage to feed myself daily.

I really do not have much patience for cooking. I do simple, quick recipes with a significant variety of cooking implements that are set and forget such as my rice cooker, the greatest since sliced bead. My little electric oven. And my "came with the house" gas fired oven and stove.

I've gone the route with all of the cooking devices. Tried cast iron Lodge which was excellent. Then a variety of others, including those slick - no stick - that did work temporarily but soon stuck !

Now I'm on this NU Wave precision cook top for several months. It will only work with metallic cookware. Will NOT work with ceramics and non metallic. Apparently it needs induction contact which I find heats twice as fast as any conventional system. Further it has precision temperature and time settings which I find absolutely very satisfying.

The frying pans that came with it, slick coated, non stick, began to stick after 3 or 4 months. So I bought very expensive stainless steel pans that work well but do stick somewhat - not intolerably.

Further I bought two pressure cookers. *( Don't ask me why ). And I find that the combination of the NU Wave and pressure cooking speed up cook time very significantly, more than twice as fast and maybe more.

Here's a generic link for anyone who may want to pursue it.

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...2US512&q=nu+wave+prrecisopn+cook+top

So my query is - have you been involved in this product ?

Do you have any beneficial tips on how to use it and how to use pressure cookers ?

NU Wave also makes an oven which I haven't tried as yet. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about it and can add comments.

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 07/04/15.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have several friends in North Florida that have those, and like them. Personally, I have never tried one.

Sam......

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I had one on my boat and it worked like a champ. Especially, with 220/240V 50A shore power!

Pretty sure we also had several in the restaurants because they required no venting. Got hot really fast!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Here' a post I found up in the General Comments:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../1/Just_in_case_anyone_still_shuc#UNREAD

How to cook sweet corn. * Watch the video.

I'm not good at cooking with a microwave. Further I really don't use an outdoor grill gas fired and not at all charcoal fired. Here alone it is too time consuming and labor intensive. However my son is a fanatic and grills everything outdoors and it is absolutely delicious. He is really an expert very accomplished.

I husk my sweet corn and steam it in my rice cooker 6 to 8 minutes. It comes out perfect.

I'm thinking about cooking the corn in my NU Wave.

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 07/06/15.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (1badf350, AB2506, 300_savage, 7mm_Loco, 7 invisible), 1,564 guests, and 775 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,897
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.