Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
1899sav Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Wishing all a Happy and Safe 4th of July
God-Bless every-one, Our Nation and Our Flag for which it Stands For. All our Men and Women From Past to Present That have Served and that are Serving our Nation.

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
GB1

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Thanks Steve!

Me, my youngest Son, and 3 other buddies all met this morning at 6am at Bald Knob cross to pray for our nation and give thanks.

Great start to the holiday weekend. Despite our challenges, we are still the most blessed and greatest nation on the planet!

At only 239yrs of age, it is no mystery to me that our Country has been divinely blessed in our short time of existence.

dave

Last edited by ilikemilitaria; 07/04/15.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Same sentiments here. God Bless America and all serve and have served.

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
happy 4th, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Happy 4th! to all and God Bless America!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Celebrate the SCOTUS and the rainbow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad mad mad mad

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Celebrate freedom!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Celebrate the SCOTUS and the rainbow!!!!
While I tend to agree, on the other hand I have four fingers and a thumb. Happy Independence Day to all.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Spent the day writing up what I can remember of my Dad's WWII experiences. Then went to my cousin's house for dinner and over to a friend's house to watch fireworks.
Once I put it all together my Dad's experiences were even more phenomenal than I had previously realized. Maybe I can get some military magazine to publish the story. David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Spent the day writing up what I can remember of my Dad's WWII experiences.

There's nothing like knowing your family's military history. Be happy that your Dad told you some stories. I never knew that my Dad was awarded a Silver Star until I found the citation and Decoration in an old steamer trunk up in the attic while cleaning up the house after he passed on. Record what was passed down to you to ensure that it gets passed down to your progeny after you pass. That's more important than getting it published. Knowing family history is one of the things that keeps families close.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Once I get it finished I'll supply copies to any relatives that want it.
My Father's older brother joined the horse cavalry in the late 1920's, switched to the Army Air corps in the early 30's and retired from the Air Force in the early 50's. His daughter knows almost nothing about his military career. What little she does know she got through me from my Father. We know he was at Pearl Harbor December 7th, 1941, and that he was stationed in China later in WWII. She doesn't even have his service number or SSN to try to find out more. He told me that the psychiatrists told him he shouldn't talk about his war experiences. Which is the exact opposite of what my Father said about his talk with a psychiatrist after he finished his combat missions.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I would take caution judging modern psychiatry by what was practiced 70-years ago. I had a great-uncle who was taken prisoner in the Phillipines and liberated in Manchuria at the end of the war. He was nearing retirement in 1941 and died when I was very young. Unfortunately most of his story has been lost to time immortal. I don't know much about him but what I do know about my Dad's side of the family is he would not have been wired to discuss mental health. Thank god some guys got to talk to someone.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Happy 7-7-15!

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Happy 7-7-15!

Well thank you! That just happens to be a special date for me since it was the 42nd Anniversary of my Wedding. My Wife and I had a very special evening. wink grin Sorry, OT.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Skidrow
Happy 7-7-15!

wink grin Sorry, OT.

Never need to apologize for spending a special day with a special person. Congratulations on your 42 year achievement and happy July 8th to the Forum members for whatever they might be celebrating, even if it's just spending another day on the green side of the grass.
yooper

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got to spend a lot of time ice fishing with my Dad. He shared lots of stories about the War he was in. He was shot down, taken prisoner and escaped during WW 2. It was in Europe. He was a full blooded German and got asked a lot why he did not fight for the "father land" by the Nazi's. He even let me take some gun camera film to show kids at school. One mission was Christmas eve........when I was stationed over there in Germany I could not believe how many times I thought I saw my Dad standing on a street corner.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

417 members (22kHornet, 1badf350, 160user, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 41 invisible), 1,524 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,098
Posts18,522,213
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.