Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
It is good see that I have hit a nerve. Did you read the link or just pull your blinders on a little tighter? I am betting on the latter.
Did you come up with that all on your own?

Still waiting for outdoor pics from you nwa.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Wish all those dumb ass's would stop calling her "Gov." Palin.

She walked away from that tile the same time she walked away from her sworn oath and the people of AK of her own free will for no other reason than personal gain ($$$$$).

This is so old and so stupid; shot down so many times it must be Trolling...

Which part of what I said has been shot down?
The part where she reneged on her word?
Or the part where the ink on her resignation wasn't even dry before she had a multi million dollar book deal and was off on her rock star book signing?

"Stupid" is anyone that worships the ground that old skank walks on.
You need an intervention.

Seriously.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Or the part where the ink on her resignation wasn't even dry before she had a multi million dollar book deal and was off on her rock star book signing?

You need an intervention

Now you have done it!! Give these guys 1/2 of a reason and they will attack your loyalty, your wife and threaten to kill a family member. You either drink the same Kool-Aid or you are a commie who is out to destroy their country!

Hang on.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

She walked away from that tile the same time she walked away from her sworn oath and the people of AK of her own free will for no other reason than personal gain ($$$$$).

You need an intervention.

Seriously.

Stupidity or trolling, either way it is utter Palin Derangement Syndrome (PDS). Being forced out of office does not make anyone a “Quitter.”

So Gov. Palin was making about $125 to $145K a year and there’s about $1 million in personal legal fees coming at her and her family…you do the math. At the time Alaska was the only state that did not protect their legislators from frivolous lawsuits.
I suppose there are some who cannot handle large negative numbers. Like the one you get when you subtract $500,000 from $150,000. Times the number of years remaining, of course.
Her Nov. 17, 2009 book deal was far from a sure thing as no vice-presidential who lost their election had ever written anything close to a best-seller about their race. Before Sarah's best seller.

However, Sarah said money can be paid back, but tying up her office to the point of not getting done what she needed to do was unacceptable.
“Only the opposition really comprehends the work involved with FOIA requests-from the retrieval of all correspondence and emails, to copying them for lawyers and staff to review in order to remove confidential or privileged information, to assembling and packing them, and on and on. Just one of these requests for a certain batch of e-mails generated 24,000 individual sheets of paper.
So instead of doing our jobs, my staff, including attorneys, spent thousands of hours and wasted more than $2 million of public monies to sort through it all one sheet at a time.” Governor Palin.
It is easy to understand what was being done to Sarah by her enemies and what it was costing Alaska. Not just in monies wasted, but also in the stalled agenda of the most popular and effective governor Alaska ever had. I doubt the trolls even bothered to read this part...

When Alaska finally figured out what it had also cost the state, they finally reformed their ethics law. A year later.
On December 22, 2010, new rules governing Alaska executive branch ethics, stemming from Sarah Palin's tenure as governor, took effect. Too late. Sarah had moved on to the national stage and helping the Tea Party pull off their 2010 election conservative landslide.
Sarah officially stepped down as Alaska's governor on July 26, 2009.
Palin cited the decision to not seek re-election and resign from office would avoid her being a lame duckpolitician who is ineffective and "milk" the taxpayers by drawing a paycheck and funding useless travels. She said, "I'm not putting Alaska through that..." and "...it may be tempting and more comfortable to just keep your head down, plod along, and appease those who demand: 'Sit down and shut up,' but that's the worthless, easy path; that's a quitter's way out"

For the record, in those two and half years Sarah checked off every item on her to-do list. Kept every promise made to those who elected her. Changed and reformed the political landscape of Alaska more than any other Governor.
“Loss of reputation I can take. But I could not and cannot tolerate watching Alaska suffer. One by one, each ethics complaint against me was tossed out. But a new one quickly sprouted to take its place. I knew it wouldn’t stop and the ongoing cost to our system plagued me. My loyal staff who had accomplished so much with me in our years in office were besieged. No one could paralyze my administration before, and I wouldn’t have been told to sit down and shut up, but these frivolous and expensive complaints were effectively doing what no one else could. [...] At some point, you have to say "Enough." You have to pick your battle. Pick your hilltop. And hold the position of your own choosing. My state was being shaken by one partisan earthquake after another. Every time we found steady ground, "another avalanche of FOIAs, ethics complaints, and lawsuits crashed down. My team had been targeted for destruction because of who the team leader was. I began to think it was time to pass the ball.” Governor Palin
http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/6/26/2010
Sarah Palin discusses who funded all the lawsuits against her while she was Governor of Alaska
The lawsuits basically forced her to leave office as governor. They would have taken a huge amount of her time just dealing with depositions. For those who haven't been through a deposition, 28 cases would have taken one day for the deposition and easily at least two or three days to prepare. Add to that the legal bill that Palin would have had to pay based on her governor's salary. Even without more cases being filed (and more would be filed), Palin would have gotten little else done as governor.

So who funded the lawsuits?
The National Democratic Committee used its Alaska chapter, the Alaska Democratic Party (ADP), to create a website with one stated goal: "Keep Sarah Palin Out of Public Office." To this day, the Democrats use this website to publicly seek donations for funding bogus "legal challenges involving issues related to Sarah Palin."
The ADP's "Keep Sarah Palin Out of Public Office" campaign used our own legal system to sponsor more than two dozen ethics complaints against Governor Palin. Out of the 27 complaints, 26 were dismissed!

The so-called "independent counsel" who started this investigation was an attorney from President Barack Obama's law firm.
I doubt the trolls even bothered to read this part...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I think Old Bow just popped a stiffy!

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like Sara Palin.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
[quote=Savage_99]I like Sara Palin.

[Linked Image] [/quote

So do I.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
I think Old Bow just popped a stiffy!

you nwa are a cowardly bitch, plain and simple

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Here is a flash. I like Sara more gooder than you NWA!

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
How about an informal poll---

Sarah Palin or NWA?

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Palin.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
PALIN and i like her better than his xero hero, but i never was fond of queers or commies.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I actually did read about half of your first post defending you're beloved but it basically consisted of Palin quotes.
Do you expect me to simply take her word for it like Hillary's blind followers?
I realize you believe every word that comes out of her mouth but I like to think for myself and what I see is someone that acquired more money and fame in a short period than her IQ was able to deal with.
The lure of the reality show and book tour were more than the poor dear could bear so she cut and ran. (It's always easier to cut and run than it is to stand and fight.)
(I do get a kick out of hearing her say "Golly Gee and Gee Whiz" though.)

BTW,,, Why does anyone that disagrees with you have to be stupid or a troll?
I've always found that attacking via name calling and insulting labels to be a Democratic ploy.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you mean well BowSinger (or can I just call you BS) but you're affliction for Palin is not only creepy but you're making an ass of your self with it.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 07/11/15.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sarah!

μολὼν λαβέ
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The first lines of my first post. Which you have never answered...

So Gov. Palin was making about $125 to $145K a year and there’s about $1 million in personal legal fees coming at her and her family…you do the math. At the time Alaska was the only state that did not protect their legislators from frivolous lawsuits.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

BTW,,, Why does anyone that disagrees with you have to be stupid or a troll?
I've always found that attacking via name calling and insulting labels to be a Democratic ploy.

This from the guy who posted...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
While I don't foresee Sarah Palin ever being elected into the federal office. I am struck by the vitriol against her.

Had the Republicans resurrected Abraham Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt, Barak Obama was going to win that presidential election because of the economy, and Bush fatigue.

Palin isn't articulate but neither is VP Joe Biden. It's a toss up who'd be a better VP.

Last edited by idahoguy101; 07/13/15.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (222Sako, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 160user, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 50 invisible), 1,766 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,160
Posts18,523,492
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.