Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 4ager
Here's a little hint:

Take your average grunt Marine. He's been in Afghanistan for about a year. No pork of any description; mostly MREs. Been shot at, had stuff blow up all around him. Pulled parts of his buddies out of the mud and dust; scraped some off of himself. Finally gets rotated out, to somewhere in the MidEast; still no pork; no eating during daylight for months of the year; still having schit blow up around him. Now, finally, gets on a ship. He's probably 25-30 pounds lighter than he was a year ago, if not more. He's finally headed home, or at least closer. And, he might finally get some chow that ain't in a bag.

"Sorry, Marine; no fried chicken, no fried pork chops; no chicken fried steak; no French fries". Not on the ship; not back in the states on base; nada.

Reckon that helps morale? All the kid wants is some food that tastes a little like home. Reckon he MIGHT have earned that? Of all the schit he does, the food ain't the top line of things that will kill him.

Your marine like my sailor are in the service. That means to some they deserve to do without. That means food and that means the right to self defence.

Those who serve, serve so spoiled leaches can tell service members what they cannot do or have. Something is wrong with this picture. Guess I will never understand.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
JFC, Scott, did they knew you had a puzzy when you enlisted?

We've done a year of work since April 1. At 8,000' ASL. In the middle of nowhere. We'll do another year before November 1. If lack of fried food is slowing someone up, they'll need to get the fugg back to town and hold down the couch with the other fat fugs on the freakshow.

Waaah.. I can't have hush puppies under way..

Don't get me started on fireline food..

Waaah, my sandwich is cold!

250 yard pour? What do you mean we can't go to lunch? I quit if I can't get french fries!

You get to go home at all in that year? See your wife? Do you have a target on your work site 24/7? Did you have a drink in that time? Pussy?

Food IS morale.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Seems a healthier Marine would be a better Marine? When I was working 28/12 rotations offshore in the Caspian Sea I went vegan as the daily Kazakh "beef" goulash slop was unbearable. Healthier food can't be a bad thing?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by EdM
Seems a healthier Marine would be a better Marine? When I was working 28/12 rotations offshore in the Caspian Sea I went vegan as the daily Kazakh "beef" goulash slop was unbearable. Healthier food can't be a bad thing?

So I'm guessing your 17 year old son is a vegan?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM

Burn 2,000-5,000 calories per day (or more) as a vegan, in the field, getting shot at, and get back to us.

Sounds like you had hot chow, too. Try eating everything out of an MRE bag for days on end.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
JFC, Scott, did they knew you had a puzzy when you enlisted?

We've done a year of work since April 1. At 8,000' ASL. In the middle of nowhere. We'll do another year before November 1. If lack of fried food is slowing someone up, they'll need to get the fugg back to town and hold down the couch with the other fat fugs on the freakshow.

Waaah.. I can't have hush puppies under way..

Don't get me started on fireline food..

Waaah, my sandwich is cold!

250 yard pour? What do you mean we can't go to lunch? I quit if I can't get french fries!

You get to go home at all in that year? See your wife? Do you have a target on your work site 24/7? Did you have a drink in that time? Pussy?

Food IS morale.

Those who have never experienced it will have a hard time even beginning to understand. I have been on a repair ship that took four 48 degree rolls back to back. 49 hours at GQ repairing damage and two cold meals to keep us happy.

Last edited by Scott F; 07/17/15.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by EdM

So I'm guessing your 17 year old son is a vegan?

Yes and he is sixteen for a few more weeks. As lean as he has ever been getting the Italian genes...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by IntruderBN
I guess Barney Clarks will no longer be on the menu up in the dirty shirt...

My favorite! IT just keeps going and no way to stop it. Oh, wait, we could VOTE to keep democrats OUT instead of staying home or voting for a third party candidate kook.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never been in the military, but I have seen the sun rise twice in a shift working on commercial fishing boats more than once. Try to feed me a salad after that and it won't go well.

It still doesn't compare to what our military boys endure. Fugg with their food? Ridiculous.

If their fatties, cut them out. Don't "fix" the meals for everyone else.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
The Legion sings about sausage and Napoleon's imperial guard made the bayonet assault singing about fried onions!!! Those crazy frogs!!

Food! Food!!! Food!!!!

And to think of that absurd idea that an army marches on its stomach.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Christ what is this world coming to??????????

I have never seen a country jump to banning everything so quickly, without a dictator making a coup. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And to think of that absurd idea that an army marches on its stomach.

In a book about trying to find the Northwest passage, and they got iced in for a year, the favorite meal was sowbelly. They craved the fat and wanted it over steak or any other food. People that are vegan and want to make everybody else one, can kiss my ass. Same about fried foods. Just think when they want to kill a baby, it is my body my choice, but when it is food, do as I say. Strange people out there. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Is there no end to what you girls whine about on here?

If you're tough enough to dive, you're tough enough to get over not having french fries while deployed.

Well they could ban concrete pumps and you'd have to go back to wheelbarrows..

Hows that sand again?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I will tell you this, there are only two things I can think of that boost morale in a combat zone(I was in Ramadi in 2005) and that's eating at a good chow hall and mail call. That's it. Killing a bastard that definitely needed it is good, but nothing like chow and mail.

I guarantee I needed some extra fat when I was there. Lost over 30lbs.

Last edited by Grunt_0351; 07/18/15.

1st Bn 5th Marines Wpns Co. 03-07
Semper Fidelis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
What the hell is the flight deck crew supposed to eat!? We barely had time to get down to the grill and get a slider or a roller and get back up on deck. Most of the time they were sending us bologna sandwiches in a box lunch as it was. Now they're going to take away the one hot meal we could get sometimes!? Sheesh!

Horse Cock is good for you. grin

There I changed it for you. That was the proper name for it when I was in the Navy.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM

Healthy food is a good thing.
But so are options.

Options just seem to have a "let freedom ring" ring to them that most Americans seem to have abandoned.

Fried chicken smashed taters and gravy here tonight.
Mmmm mmm good.
I think people should stfu and eat.

Last edited by Archerhunter; 07/18/15.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by W7ACT
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
What the hell is the flight deck crew supposed to eat!? We barely had time to get down to the grill and get a slider or a roller and get back up on deck. Most of the time they were sending us bologna sandwiches in a box lunch as it was. Now they're going to take away the one hot meal we could get sometimes!? Sheesh!

Horse Cock is good for you. grin

There I changed it for you. That was the proper name for it when I was in the Navy.

Yep. The two brothers were home on leave at the same time after WW2. At the dinner table that night with mom and dad and after giving thanks (they did that back then you know).

The swabby said, "Brother, pass the horse co.., uh, baloney".

His brother the grunt said, "Ha, ha,ha. Almost fugged up, huh?"

Last edited by eyeball; 07/18/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

305 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 32 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 1,052 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,744
Posts18,495,162
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.