I recently aquired a Hensoldt 8X52 riflescope, it was attached to a Sako L46 I couldn't leave the store without.
The scope is blued steel tube with elevation and windage turrets that appear to be mounted with screws to the tube.
The actual adjustment knobs have a flat, black piece on top, which has a knurled edge. Below the black piece is a silver ring that has a angled shoulder. On this shoulder is a raised projection and 180 degrees from it, is what appears to be a index groove the width of the shoulder. Four small taperhead machine screws pass through the black and silver pieces to the brass head underneath. 3 of the screws are black and set in a triangle pattern, the 4th is silver and out of sequence with the others. When elevation or windage adjustments are made both the black and silver pieces rotate(they mount as one, has to happen), I see no indexing mark on the turret housing. Is this just a move and guess how much proposition ? or is there something I'm missing on making adjustments here ?
I have no idea how old this scope and rifle are, research indicates the rifle to be pre-1972, best I've been able to narrow it down so far. Very little info on the scope, only markings are :
Hensoldt Wetzlar 8X52
and appears to be a serial number on the bottom(can't read without dismounting the scope)
Any info on this scope would be greatly appreciated.

NRA Patron Life Member
TSRA Life Member
Firearms Acquisitioner and Accumulator