Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

...While failure to signal may seem like a small infraction, improper turning and lane changing (the most frequent infractions associated with failure to signal) cause a lot of car accidents. In New York's most recent tally of accidents, unsafe lane changes were the fifth most common cause of accidents and turning improperly was No. 7.

Nationwide, neglected or improper turn signals cause 2 million car accidents a year, Ponziani says. And for drivers involved in those accidents, a citation for failure to use turn signals could make the difference between a covered repair and a denied claim.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/half-of-drivers-dont-use-turn-signals-cm138954#ixzz3gds76BQs

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I totally support the police in almost everything they do. But, if you had watched the video you would see that she was wrongly ordered to put out her smoke and then was ordered out of the car at Taser Point. I would be very surprised if she wanted to be a martyr. She may have been harassed hard enough to kill herself, but this needs a full investigation. Something smells here. Black or white, this seems wrong.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's that damn shytstirring Pat Powell that started this.

Pat, get me the officer's arrest report. I gots to know....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

I have watched the video. The cop was unprofessional. He escalated. She resisted what was an unlawful/unethical arrest. She did resist, which was stupid, especially with this Napoleon going ballistic on her.

In Texas, a person can be arrested for any traffic violation other than speeding. And even then under some circumstances.

He was giving her a warning. All she had to do was sign it, and go on her merry way...

No good deed goes unpunished.

I'm sure that the Black Lives Matter campaign she was an activist for appreciates you guys supporting her.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

In Texas, a person can be arrested for any traffic violation other than speeding.

interesting.

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The Patrolman asked if she was OK from the standpoint of her being upset. He had previously commented on her appearing to be upset when he first came up to the car from the passenger side. He's only been a cop for a year, Fox reported, so he might want to get a handle on people who are stopped being somewhat upset, regardless of any other circumstances.

It was only when she questioned why she should have to put her cigarette out in her own car, that he ordered her to step out. So, is it illegal to smoke in one's own car while speaking with a cop? I don't smoke, so I've never had that experience, and don't know.

I would find it difficult to believe someone killed her in her jail cell, equally as much as she took her own life over something trivial. Unless there is evidence leading to another person's involvement, the cause of her death will never be accepted in the black community and continue to serve as an excuse or rationale, per perspective, for more unrest and likely violence.

Unlike Ferguson, this was totally avoidable and made only made possible because a rookie cop with a hot button didn't like her smoking at what should have been the end of their business. We really don't need anymore of this nonsense.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have doubts that activist who can be heard stating " I can't wait to go to court" would then trade the spotlight for a cold dark ho!e.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD

It was only when she questioned why she should have to put her cigarette out in her own car, that he ordered her to step out. So, is it illegal to smoke in one's own car while speaking with a cop? I don't smoke, so I've never had that experience, and don't know.

I used to have them put them out as a predecessor to having them step out of their cars.

All you need is to have one lit cigarette hit you in the face to get that procedure down quick.

Otherwise, I didn't care if they smoked...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've been reading about this since it happened, but I just watched the video for the first time. You know, that was pretty bad. She was being pretty cool and he kept prodding her and asking why she was upset. She finally responded that she thought the traffic stop was unjustified. He then got pissy and asked her to put out her cigarette. She rightfully refused as that she was inside her own vehicle. He then immediately ordered her out of the car. And no, she didn't resist at all. She was mouthy, but repeatedly asked him to simply tell her why she was being arrested. He couldn't/wouldn't even do that.

Before I watched the video, I was going to say that regardless of the merits of the stop, there was no way that I believed that there was any foul play involved in her death. But after that? She was not unbalanced in any way whatsoever. She wasn't even particularly mouthy, especially not for the demographic. Secondly, she seemed eager for court and everything that went with it.

I don't know and can't and won't speculate what happened in the jail, but that trooper needs to be out of law enforcement. If he let that sort of thing get to him, he'll end up killing someone or getting killed himself soon enough. He took what was a pretty ordinary situation and escalated into an arrest. If she had been a large black male instead of a female, he might have gotten his ass beaten or had to shoot a man over that stupid schit.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
She was being pretty cool and he kept prodding her and asking why she was upset.

Asking if she was OK is prodding?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ringworm, what were you fired for?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RWE

I used to have them put them out as a predecessor to having them step out of their cars.

All you need is to have one lit cigarette hit you in the face to get that procedure down quick.

Since he was handing his ticket book to her to sign, I doubt he was going to have her step out until she questioned his request to put out her cigarette. At that point, he appeared to lose rationality. He may need a new career path.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

Since he was handing his ticket book to her to sign, I doubt he was going to have her step out until she questioned his request to put out her cigarette. At that point, he appeared to lose rationality. He may need a new career path.

Does this mean that the smoking question was rhetorical?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I have watched the video. The cop was unprofessional. He escalated. She resisted what was an unlawful/unethical arrest. She did resist, which was stupid, especially with this Napoleon going ballistic on her.

In Texas, a person can be arrested for any traffic violation other than speeding. And even then under some circumstances.

He was giving her a warning. All she had to do was sign it, and go on her merry way...

No good deed goes unpunished.

I'm sure that the Black Lives Matter campaign she was an activist for appreciates you guys supporting her.

Tell me again where he gave her the ticket/warning to sign? Where did she have the opportunity to just sign and be on her merry way? All I saw was him holding the ticket/warning and then him telling her to put out her cigarette and then when she refused to put out the cigarette, he went ballistic and ordered her out of the car. When she yelled at him that she was being arrested for failure to signal, only then did he say is was was only going to be a warning but now she was failing to comply.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RWE
She was being pretty cool and he kept prodding her and asking why she was upset.

You know better than that. "You, okay, mam, you seem upset?"

He was just trying to get her to go off on him. Do you honestly expect people to be happy when they are pulled over? We're pretty tired of the uniformed tax collectors as it is. Now we are supposed to be happy about it?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
repeatedly asked him to simply tell her why she was being arrested. He couldn't/wouldn't even do that.
You need to watch more youtubes. That's a sticking point for most cops and detainees: asked but seldom answered. But it does get the charges significantly ramped up nearly instantly, for those who still believe they have rights in the presence of their betters.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All I saw was him holding the ticket/warning and then him telling her to put out her cigarette and then when she refused to put out the cigarette, he went ballistic and ordered her out of the car. When she yelled at him that she was being arrested for failure to signal, only then did he say is was was only going to be a warning but now she was failing to comply.

Well, here is where that whole "in a vacuum thing" becomes pertinent.

The full video, 52 glorious minutes, shows him doing the same thing with a prior stop, walking up with a clip board and a pen. Asking the person if they are OK. Stating its just a warning, and they need to sign.

Except the activist decided to give her speech rather than just sign and go on her merry way.

And given its apparently OK to be arrested for moving violations in Texas, maybe he decided at that point she needed to go to jail, hence put out the smoke.

She refused, and it escalated.

Ta da.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
don't know why the author of the article went to such lengths to tell us what 'happened'. No facts are needed, real facts or manufactured facts.
Just state that she was black, an activist, stopped by the man, and died. That says it all. No explanation needed.

Sam......

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

He was just trying to get her to go off on him. Do you honestly expect people to be happy when they are pulled over? We're pretty tired of the uniformed tax collectors as it is. Now we are supposed to be happy about it?

See above.

He asked the last person the same question while issuing a warning.

Maybe, just maybe, that's his standard procedure, and not a means of getting people to go off on him?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE

See above.

He asked the last person the same question while issuing a warning.

Maybe, just maybe, that's his standard procedure, and not a means of getting people to go off on him?

Then he should probably change it because any moron should know that asking people who are visibly upset during an adversarial situation three to five times if they are okay is apt to draw a negative response.

Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 1minute, 160user, 12344mag, 219DW, 69 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,855
Posts18,497,043
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.