Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have my application filled out...

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Mine is in now and was approved.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My GG Grandfather was a confederate vet. His military headstone reflects that as well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This is my Pappy Pete! I descend from his loins!

[Linked Image]PappyPete by Rick Mulhern, on Flickr

Even birds know not to land downwind!
SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thx

I was curious who all belonged to the group "sons of confederate vets"

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SAKO75
Thx

I was curious who all belonged to the group "sons of confederate vets"

I need to do that. My cousin was before he passed. Said I ought to getter done too.

I think I will. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
yeah............
[Linked Image]

Sam......

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
I'm not, but my son is because his great, great, great, great Grandfather on my wife's side from north Mississippi rode with Nathan Bedford Forest. He was at Shiloh; my wife and I found his name in some publications at the library at the Shiloh.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With all the anti-Southern hysteria being whipped up lately, I was just the other night reading up on the SCV and about the Military Order of the Stars and Bars - checked out both websites. Might just join one - need to see if either have any local posts.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Our Kin folks that fought in the War of Northern Aggression
are Listed Here near where I live.

http://www.janneyfurnace.org/

Molan Labe
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Great Great Grandfather on the side of my Moms dad died at the battle of Cornith, Great Grandfather on her Mothers side served in the 35 Texas cavalry (Browns) .
With his brothers owned considerable land and Slaves, lost it all after the war.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
My GG Grandfather was a confederate vet.

Mine as well, on my mothers side.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm a REDSKIN from way back Southern Appalachian Cherokee decent.

We originally hooked up with the "good folks" of Scottish and Ireland decent. AND most likely all the others. I hear we were heathens. wink Well I might be. Autobiographies and Books were written. And rewritten. Still so...yep during the time you're asking about we knew how and who to fight. And for what.

This is actually something we're tracing way back as I type. Wonder how many others are doing the same as a result of recent events.

BTW I also have great family history with DAR. Likely to also soon be removed from the halls of history.

My guess is before long history halls will begin with the cell phone and ATM.

Great topics

Last edited by byc; 07/22/15. Reason: damned send button

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Not here. Both of mine were in the Italian Army working to kill us American's.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc
I'm a REDSKIN from way back Southern Appalachian Cherokee decent.

We originally hooked up with the "good folks" of Scottish and Ireland decent. AND most likely all the others. I hear we were heathens. wink Well I might be. Autobiographies and Books were written. And rewritten. Still so...yeah by that time we knew how and who to fight.

Sooo.....Pretty much a yes for me and something that we're tracing way back as I type.

BTW I also have great family history with DAR. Yet, more subject matter likely to vanish from the halls of history.

Great topics

I am a member of the Sons of American Revolution as well. My qualifying ancestor was a member of the Cherokee Expedition of 1776, which counts toward my membership requirments for the SAR.
Hope we are still buds David. smile

Sam......

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I am a member of the SCV and the MOSB. Past SCV camp commander and past brigade commander. Past MOSB chapter commander and past state society lieutenant commander.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Not here. Both of mine were in the Italian Army working to kill us American's.
Yeah my dad and a bunch of Patton's men pretty well took care of that little situation.....

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's an old cemetary tucked back in the woods down near where I'm from in Ohio. A Revolutionary War soldier is buried there. The Boy Scouts went in there and cleaned the place up and adopted the cemetary. What a shame that these places fall into such states of disrepair.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
There's an old cemetary tucked back in the woods down near where I'm from in Ohio. A Revolutionary War soldier is buried there. The Boy Scouts went in there and cleaned the place up and adopted the cemetary. What a shame that these places fall into such states of disrepair.

I know of a cemetery near where I was born and raised that is long abandoned and the only remaining marker of a small village that vanished after the War for Southern Independence. Most of the young men died, either in the War or from a flu outbreak that took them and most of the children immediately afterward. The remaining old folks and women left to live with other relatives, and no one ever returned.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
P
PVT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
My GG Grandfather was in Shaw's Battalion of the Tennessee Cavalry. I have not joined Sons of Confederate Veterans yet. In the process.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 3,390 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,711
Posts18,534,893
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.