Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty cool show. Out of the four left, who do you think will win?

The guy who made the boat is pretty sharp. That is a game changer if he can get on constant fish.

RAS

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'd love to see a show where some real experts were placed in the same situation. That would be interesting

This group of crying pussies is something else. the one guy tapped because the wind blew....

You'd think someone would have put some real effort into building a shelter after a few days. Instead they stare into the camera and contemplate everything they are missing.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Lonny

I'd love to see a show where some real experts were placed in the same situation. That would be interesting

This group of crying pussies is something else. the one guy tapped because the wind blew....

You'd think someone would have put some real effort into building a shelter after a few days. Instead they stare into the camera and contemplate everything they are missing.

Aint that the truth. But I will say the last 4 left do seem to be always working towards bettering themselves and improving there camp.

Im going with either Alan or the guy who made the boat. Would like to see Alan stay the longest but I agree that the boat is a big game changer.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At first I thought it was going to be pretty good, but in less than a week half the people had left. Guys pouting about being alone, I could see that maybe a month or so into it but not a couple of nights.

You would have thought the bears were attacking the one guy fearing for his life.

And I would have thought a more serious effort would have been put in for a more permanent shelter as well.

Still is a hell of a lot better though than "Woodsman".

Life is just one damned thing after another
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I figured being alone would get to people. And I think it's a big part of the reason for leaving. That IS really hard on peoples minds. Most people are so used to TV, Music, Talk all kinds of visual stimulation, someone talking to them, just the noise of life, being alone is a tough deal. Most people would have a tough time just spending one day by themselves and their thoughts with out getting a little depressed.

I agree, it should be Alan or the boat builder, I orginally had it down to Alan or the young kid but his mind is getting to him. Won't watch woods man but I really like the Last Alaskans.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I seldom watch anything "Alone"

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Lonny

My thoughts exactly. I watched it for the first time last night. They started with ten and 8 days later they were down to four. Really? And what's with all the crying? That's a bunch of guys who should permanently surrender their man cards.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
mart, you should have watched if from the beginning. The first 4 days they lost 4 people.

One guy didn't even make it a full day and he was gone. One got scared because the wind was blowing and he was camped in the woods.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
What a bunch of panty waists. I suppose hard core guys going out, building good shelters, securing adequate water and food and making do without crying and complaining wouldn't be good TV.

How do some of these guys go home and look their women in the eye after pussing out.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I believe the Carolina boy is still in the game. I'll pull for him.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I believe the Carolina boy is still in the game. I'll pull for him.

Nope. I was pulling for him to but he was drinking brackish water and it didn't set to well on his belly so he is out. He was either the 3rd or 4th one to go home.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I think the guy who drank the bad water was the 5th or 6th one out. He hung in there. Not sure why he took the risk. Put out a sheet of visqueen and capture all the rain water. Seems to rain every day or evening. Should have got him by.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Apparently they could take what they could get in a pack if I read the show description correctly. A Katadyn water filter would have been pretty high on my list but you're right, some plastic and rain water will get plenty of water. I had to do it on a sheep hunting trip when it was pouring down rain. We just pitched the tent, put out some contractor garbage bags set up to collect rain water and went to bed. Had lots of water the next morning. We knew we'd need it and we weren't near a good source.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No, they could pick 10 items from a list of 40 items.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I watched a little of the show, I grew in NW Oregon so I'm probably a lot more familiar with the NW coast than the guys on the show. It's pretty easy to arm chair quarterback, but unless you have been wet and miserable for a length of time it's hard to explain how it can mess with mentally. Being alone would probably be the hardest part for me.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Rooting for Georgia.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had hopes for Canoe Boy until he started crying.

I'm betting he sinks it tonight.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cal74
Still is a hell of a lot better though than "Woodsman".

So, you're the person who watches "Woodsman"!

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've only watched snippets of it (too depressing with all whining). I would think with all the concern about cougars, wolves and bears someone would have at least whittled out a long pointed stick..spear.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
No, they could pick 10 items from a list of 40 items.

That makes it a little tougher but they're still a bunch of wusses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (160user, 17CalFan, 222ND, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,063
Posts18,482,503
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.