-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was refering to his report, but what is she going to do? Fold?

Everytime I've been pulled out of a vehicle it was preceded by "I smell alcohol. Have you been drinking tonight/this morning?" Then I got to do their cool tricks.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Why would he tip his hand and blurt out. " I smell weed"?
Why would he wait until he was ready to hand her the ticket to sign and never say a thing about smelling pot?

I do believe if a cop smells pot that's probable cause for a search at least of the vehicle. What point is served by not taking her out of her car and starting a search if he smelled narcotics?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Listen, I'm not defending the dumb woman. The fact she ended up in jail and dead is all her.

My point is that cop is horrible at his job and Fishing, or interdiction, is bullchit.

Would any of the expeirenced LEO's here of handled it in the same manner?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RickyD
Why would he tip his hand and blurt out. " I smell weed"?
Why would he wait until he was ready to hand her the ticket to sign and never say a thing about smelling pot?

I do believe if a cop smells pot that's probable cause for a search at least of the vehicle. What point is served by not taking her out of her car and starting a search if he smelled narcotics?

It's always better to have as much PC as possible before going "ahh-ha gotcha"

He may not have smelled it immediatley and got a whiff after the cig. Stench drifted out, he may have been going to issue the warning and then smelled it, he my not have smelled ut at all and indeed asked her to put the cigarette out for safety reasons...until his report is released noone knows for sure

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Listen, I'm not defending the dumb woman. The fact she ended up in jail and dead is all her.

My point is that cop is horrible at his job and Fishing, or interdiction, is bullchit.

We can't arrest for traffic violations here, with a few eceptions.

And you pretty much had to talk your way into a ticket with me, that said i was not above writing multiple tickets when I did write them, especially for those That felt they needed to show their attitude. They would normally get the ticket for the stopping offense, things hanging from mirrors were almost a given. A quick check with a tread guage could result in ticket for bald tires

And interdiction stops aren't BS. Lots of property gets recovered as well ad the stuff Mac outlined.

i recovered quite a few stolen guns, made several felony arrests of fugitives. Hell one time I recovered a pick up tru k load of power tools and a generator, and job box that had been stolen from a garage because I stopped the guy for running a red light.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by RickyD

Incorrect belief.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...and Fishing, or interdiction, is bullchit.

They might as well start stopping people on the street and searching them, or better yet, they might as well start going door to door and searching people's homes. They are certainly likely to find folks with warrants, and contraband.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure fishing expeditions have yielded a lot of results. So have check points. IMO they're both bull chit.

In this case it yielded nothing but a huge amount of tax payers money to be spent apparently because the cop got butt hurt.

I hope it comes out that he smelled weed. Otherwise....sheesh. What a cluster fugg over nothing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve

OMG...! She had marijuana in her system...! If they looked real hard, they mighta even found a book of matches in her car that she lifted from a local pub.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Not the cops fault.
She be crazy.

IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
...and Fishing, or interdiction, is bullchit.

They might as well start stopping people on the street and searching them, or better yet, they might as well start going door to door and searching people's homes. They are certainly likely to find folks with warrants, and contraband.

yep might as well.

hyperbole.

It sells.

we issued more informal warnings than formal warnings, and more formal warnings then tickets, and more tickets than arrests.

All this was done by observing infractions and making contact.

I guess some folks call that fishing.

Or bullshit.

whatever.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm sure fishing expeditions have yielded a lot of results. So have check points. IMO they're both bull chit.

In this case it yielded nothing but a huge amount of tax payers money to be spent apparently because the cop got butt hurt.

I hope it comes out that he smelled weed. Otherwise....sheesh. What a cluster fugg over nothing.

What did he do that was illegal that would cost the state money?

In Tx it is legal to arrest someone for a traffic offense.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It ain't free to house and feed a prisoner. Not to mention, when there is a suicife in custody, there is likely going to be a lawsuit. Those are not free either.

Lot of time and resources spent for a seemingly very dumb reason. Like I said, I hope it comes out he was pulling her out because he smelled weed. If not, he needs to be gone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just to be clear, I don't claim he broke any laws. Just that he's an idiot that is a really crappy cop.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It ain't free to house and feed a prisoner. Not to mention, when there is a suicife in custody, there is likely going to be a lawsuit. Those are not free either.

Good point.

They really shouldn't arrest anyone out of fear of the lawsuit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone?

Come on man.....I know you are not that obtuse.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just to be clear, I don't claim he broke any laws. Just that he's an idiot that is a really crappy cop.

right,

I'm going to base my entire interpretation of this guy on one event where he was confronted by an activist with a camera and an attitude..

Likewise, when you stated that all the times cops pulled you out of a vehicle its because they smelled alcohol, I'll just assume you are a drunken [bleep]?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No charges, no DUI's.
Bartender at the time. It puts you on the road at closing time covered in booze.

If I ever escalated a conflict with a patron for no good reason and cost the bar a chit load. I'd of expected to be fired.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't give a shyt if he broke any laws or not and I don't give a shyt if she was smoking a big old doobie five minutes before he pulled her over. A girl was pulled from her car and roughed up because she didn't put out a cigarette she was smokimng IN HER CAR fast enough to suit this douchebag cop. That is inexcusable and if it is legal it damn sure shouldn't be. If cops are going to treat citizens that way, with no respect whatsoever for the people they are sworn to "protect and serve" and who are PAYING THEIR SALARY then fuggem. I hope they continue to rile the public to the point they lose all support and are eventually in danger of being killed randomly on every street corner in the country. We don't need little azzhole dictators in uniform beating up citizens over every little infraction or insult and will be way better off without them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I haven't even watched the video, but I'll bet the answer is NO.

Which makes sense, since I believe the trooper is a rookie. Maybe he'll never make a good cop, maybe he'll grow into one. But you'll never find a good old cop who at one point wasn't a young stupid cop. Just like anything else, there's a learning curve.

The problem is that the learning curve in cop work can get people ridiculed on the Fire, hurt or killed. Some of that is mitigated by personality, or natural ability, and life experience, and even your mood that day. But there's absolutely no substitute for hours in the field.

And sometimes things go wrong, most often with young cops or old cops who are willing to work for crap pay because they suck so bad at their job. So you offer a decent wage to attract decent people, screen them as best you can, teach them everything you know, then let them find their groove. And hope like hell it doesn't go wrong.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

493 members (12344mag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,157 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,126
Posts18,483,824
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.