Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
look at it as a poor mans lion hunt!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by P_Weed
I like cats, feral or not, regardless of any mindless name-calling.

I like em too.

Almost as much as I like Gofers.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Just tell the Chinese it'll make their peckers bigger.

Endangered species by Christmas......

Lmao. if it was true my deep freeze would be full in 2 weeks.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
Sounds reasonable to me.

Not to me.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
When I hunt in Iowa I found they call'em ditch cougars. They hut they regularly from what I gathered.

Hate the damn things. Sounds like great passtime to me.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I used to shoot them with a 25-06 with 75 gr. Hollow points.
Very messy.
22 lr will allow them to die somewhere else sometimes. Maybe the owner learns a lesson.
It's a win/win either way.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Some good times have been had behind a pack of hounds and a treed feral cat.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by reelman
They will never eradicate them. No matter what you do they will always be here. As much as I hate the thought of it it seems that Trap, Neuter, Release is the best approach to keep the numbers at least a little lower than what it might be.
For the life of me, I can't understand releasing a pest, neutered or not. A gelding kills just as many birds as a stud. You can castrate 75% of the toms without reducing the kitten population by a single one. Catch and release is nothing more than a feel-good game for the cat huggers and a huge money pit for whoever has to pay for it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by P_Weed
I know all that and have no problem with controlling excess numbers of any species. Except people.

The day will come ...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Put a $5/head bounty on the buggers. Worked on wolves.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I have shot a few feral cats but most i see are house cats and I dont want to shoot the neighbors cats. I respect the neighbors more than I hate feral cats. I get plenty on the trail cam day and night, than I get a pic of a yote. The cats disappear. I do shoot coons though and have a coon cuff trap 24/7 till December. I killed 17 coons so far in the months. They are just as bad as a cat. I have noticed a huge upswing in the rabbit numbers around here. That is fine, we eat those. This is why I hate cats roaming at night. They have killed my chickens too, but so has the black lab down the road. I won't shoot the lab but we called the pound twice this year and it is $75 to get the dog out. Nice dog, won't shoot it, it;s a lab, it will chase a chicken. Sometimes I wonder who is dumber, the dog , or the owners. [Linked Image]

Last edited by ihookem; 07/24/15.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
When I moved into this property a year ago I had a small population of feral cats and a few dogs. Talked to animal control and got permission to control the population. Tried trapping them, but most of them had been trapped and released previously. I have a Ruger 22 with threaded barrel and Silincer. Had a neighbor ask me why there were so many buzzards circling the back of my property.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
They will never eradicate them. No matter what you do they will always be here. As much as I hate the thought of it it seems that Trap, Neuter, Release is the best approach to keep the numbers at least a little lower than what it might be.

The trap part is true...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hear blunts work good, too..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by JSTUART

They are eating the native wildlife, not shagging them.

laugh laugh laugh

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

You're alive!!!!!

Welcome back

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shrapnel

The trap part is true...

[Linked Image]

Laughin' my ass off...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Feral cats are a huge problem here. So are domestic cats that are allowed free roam.

Feral cats inhabit all of the bush, not really hanging around farmhouses etc., although they do in part.

Feral dogs and foxes are also a huge problem. Between baiting with 1080 (Aussie wildlife is fairly immune to 1080 due to naturally high levels of fluoroacetate in vegetaion), shooting and trapping we try to keep a lid on them. One dose would kill a fox, 30 doses might give a small native mammal a tummy ache.

Its not working as well as it could due to too many uneducated city folk and tree huggers (I like trees too) that dont practice any control measures.

The destruction on native wildlife wrought by cats is massive. And domestic cats are there for the thrill kill only.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by RWE

Long time no see.

Hope you are well...

This^^^.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
One of my neighbors came to me a couple of years ago and asked if we had any cats at our house. I told him no. So he asked if I had been seeing any? Yep, a black one and gray and white one. He said something has been killing his rabbits and wondered if it was ok to shoot these cats. I told him that I was not seeing many rabbits either. He got them and now we have the rabbits back.

Feral cats don't last long in this neck of the woods.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1minute, 62 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,706
Posts18,513,867
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.