Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MOGC
Poor ass spelling isn't a big deal. Being creepy is... smile

Thanks for the pass. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Scott
There are some definite physiological changes when a person is involved in a gunfight, and this comes from people who train LEOs. You lose your fine motor skills, and you begin to have tunnel vision, according to the LEOs I have talked to, and your coordination tends to go to hell. Target proficiency does not translate into combat proficiency.
Of course I did not say that "If we are not trained super heroes hid and pray the bad guys don't come and get us? Just let terrorists have their way with the country and pray they don't come to our door?". But, apparently, you didn't to argue against the points I actually raised.
My point is that if one is going to put themselves in a situation where they are apt to be in a gunfight, they should at least think through all that it entails.
I am going to repeat that: My point is that if one is going to put themselves in a situation where they are apt to be in a gunfight, they should at least think through all that it entails.
A person that has not thought out all the possibilities, probably ought not be getting in gun fights in crowded malls. That person could do more harm than good. There is a reason law enforcement trains it's people before sending them out on the street.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And I'm no 'trained' expert, but if I couldn't drive I don't see how much help I'm going to be at a mall with a firearm because of my vertigo.

Originally Posted by Scott F

While I agree I am not driving these days, vertigo and driving are a bad mix, and a 1911 is what I have.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You win.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Royce
Scott
There are some definite physiological changes when a person is involved in a gunfight, and this comes from people who train LEOs. You lose your fine motor skills, and you begin to have tunnel vision, according to the LEOs I have talked to, and your coordination tends to go to hell. Target proficiency does not translate into combat proficiency.
Of course I did not say that "If we are not trained super heroes hid and pray the bad guys don't come and get us? Just let terrorists have their way with the country and pray they don't come to our door?". But, apparently, you didn't to argue against the points I actually raised.
My point is that if one is going to put themselves in a situation where they are apt to be in a gunfight, they should at least think through all that it entails.
I am going to repeat that: My point is that if one is going to put themselves in a situation where they are apt to be in a gunfight, they should at least think through all that it entails.
A person that has not thought out all the possibilities, probably ought not be getting in gun fights in crowded malls. That person could do more harm than good. There is a reason law enforcement trains it's people before sending them out on the street.

I have considered your warnings before I ever applied for my first carry permit and every time I walk out the door.

But you and Steelhead win. I'll stay home. I thought I was doing something worthwhile. Guess I was wrong.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I ain't trying to win anything. There are ways to go about things and ways not to.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You have vertigo to the point you can't drive, but you are going to get in a gunfight in a shopping mall?
I hate to tell you this, but a gunfight is probably going to be more demanding of your mental/physical capacities than driving a car.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Royce
Scott

I have considered your warnings before I ever applied for my first carry permit and every time I walk out the door.

But you and Steelhead win. I'll stay home. I thought I was doing something worthwhile. Guess I was wrong.

See, now you're going into the old ScottF my pussy hurts mode.

Here's a hint, if I A) had vertigo so that I couldn't drive a car, then I wouldn't be advertising to the world that I'm B) walking around a mall recruiting center, offering my services in case someone goes all Jihad.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I said you win. I am staying home. What more do you want. Not pussy mode, just fact. I was trying to do something good. The two of you convinced my I am not physically qualified not have I had advanced combat training.

When you presented your case for hunting with an empty chamber I listened to your points and thought it over and decided I agreed with you. Now it is the way I hunt.

I listened to what was being said on this subject and decided you guys are probable right and now all of a sudden I am in pussy mode. crazy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Royce,

A person that has not thought out all the possibilities, probably ought not be getting in gun fights in crowded malls.

This is a poorly thought out statement. To think "out all the possibilities" would take the rest of his life. He already said he was in the military.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Rich, they are right. I was military but not combat trained. I have been shot, not while serving but by a stupid hunter, but I have never shot at somebody, not even the time I spent as a deputy sheriff.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I said you win. I am staying home. What more do you want. Not pussy mode, just fact. I was trying to do something good. The two of you convinced my I am not physically qualified not have I had advanced combat training.

When you presented your case for hunting with an empty chamber I listened to your points and thought it over and decided I agreed with you. Now it is the way I hunt.

I listened to what was being said on this subject and decided you guys are probable right and now all of a sudden I am in pussy mode. crazy

Scott, I'll repeat what I posted on your "cigars and humidifier"
thread:

You come on an internet forum and over a period of several years, post a lot of personal details about yourself and your life. Remember when you "were going to be absent from the forum for a long time - maybe a couple of years - while the V A treated you for PTSD? But you never stopped posting?

Then you post about only getting 400 bucks a month from the V A.

Prior to that you complained of a 1200 dollar a month income and were living off the grid.

Now you are guarding a recruiting station with your trusty 1911 in spite of your disability.

Do you really think some guys won't connect those dots?

And is it their fault for connecting the dots, or your fault for posting the dots?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You have me confused with someone else. I do not have nor have I ever suffered from PTSD. I have medical issues but PTSD is not one of them. I suffer hearing loss and vertigo. I have constant back pain and spasms. Along with that I had a mild depression.

Last edited by Scott F; 07/26/15.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You have me confused with someone else. I do not have nor have I ever suffered from PTSD. I have medical issues but PTSD is not one of them.

YOU claimed the guy at the VA said you might be suffering from PTSD even though you never saw combat [I didn't either]. And that " it might take them two years of treatment" to cure you.

YOU claimed you looked forward to getting rid of "the voices in my head that that keep telling me I'm no good".

YOU are the one who bragged about getting a free hearing aid.

See how it works?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
That would work. The armed forces should be,in fact, armed. What the hell kind of pussies run the damn military now?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by benchman
That would work. The armed forces should be,in fact, armed. What the hell kind of pussies run the damn military now?

The old "Let's don't, but claim we did" trick is the best we can hope for from this bunch in D C.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Recruiting is something they volunteer to do. They know they will not be armed. The hell with them. It is what they asked for.

MC
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
jlt and getting a good chuckle
hahahaaa!!!!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by MattClark
Recruiting is something they volunteer to do. They know they will not be armed. The hell with them. It is what they asked for.

This isn't necessarily true for the Army at least. I came down on orders for recruiting duty at one point and I didn't volunteer, thankfully I had a set of orders already sending me somewhere I wanted to go and after a few phone calls it was fixed.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by MattClark

bwahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!!

I got news for ya Sherlock

8 maybe 9 outta 10 dudes that come down on recruiting or drill sergeant orders are involuntary assigned/detailed to those duties for 3 yrs by their mos branch manager fuggers hiding out from the real army in an office...................

then you get the slug or pogue or remf mofo that wants to volunteer for recruiting to get away from their job in the army and have the "LIFE"

I was in a company recruiting in northern maine for 3 yrs and we had 31 recruiters assigned to our company
3 OUT OF 31 VOLUNTEERED FOR RECRUITING COMMAND
the rest of us was voluntold
7 of us in my station alone
4 of us was infantryman 11B
one was a reservist drill sergeant
1 was field artillery 13B

and the last was our station "commander"
a fugging e-7 79R
whom myself and another 11b in the station outranked by date of rank

this dude was a truckdriver 88M that volunteered for recruiting duty as a e-5 and then kissed the mafia ring and became a full time recruiter 79R so he never had to go back to the real army ever again
he was the biggest POS.............................

the conversion ratio from regular army detailed recruiters in my company during those 3 yrs to 79R permanent army recriter
was ZERO................

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (8MMX57JS, Akhutr, ak_Rick, 9 invisible), 921 guests, and 799 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,101
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.