Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Alaska doesn't have magazine capacity limits for semi-auto game hunting rifles?

I don't know. I checked a couple of places on the internet and some people have said that Alaska doesn't. The word is, they limit shotgun magazines for bird hunting, but there's no magazine limit on rifles. Somebody on here might have the facts.

In any event, the bear happened a long time ago. Maybe he had a plug in the mag,...maybe he didn't need one.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by rem shooter
Bristoe was that at the Bluegrass Sportsmens league 300 yard range ,? if so yea those ,benchrest boys with there 7000 dollor rifles dont like being showed up with someone with a military battle rifle ,too funny.

Yeah. It was out at the Bluegrass, but it wasn't the benchrest crowd that was out there that day. Just some guys.

The benchrest bunch are pretty good guys. A couple of them are good friends of mine.

There wouldn't be a 300 yard range out there if it wasn't for the benchrest crowd.

P
PVT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Sounds too long for a pickup rifle. I got the cataract off my right eye last week and I could use an aperture sight again, and I like that in a pickup rifle.

My Marlin 444 still has the open sights, so I may just take the scope off it and haul it around.

But damn it's heavy.

I've give Ed too much hell over plastic rifles and skinny bullets. If I go with an AR I'll never live it down.

But one chambered for 308 might not be a bad deal.

What's the overall length on those?

Have you considered an M1A? You could get one in a variety of configurations. I have a National Match that shoots very well. MOA on a good day I'd I do my part. It is a little heavy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Sounds too long for a pickup rifle."

I have some experience with the M1 and M14. Liked 'em both. I expect I'd like the hybrid as well.

I just can't imagine being able to grasp it, swing it around, and poke it out the window any faster than I could a Ruger No.1, for instance.

I think I'm gonna like the S&W M&P15 I bought Friday. With a ten round mag, it rides easy enough.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Yea Bristoe I got to say your right ,if not for the benchrest boys ,there would not be a 300 yard range at Bluegrass,I also know a couple benchrest guys ,and like them a lot ,talk to them when i can ,meet one or two ,who shall we say was a little snobbish and had a attitude cause i was shooting military rifles ,guess there is one bad apple in every bunch ,or he had a bad day that day ,and no ..I was not showering him with brass or rapid firing either ..oh well
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by rem shooter
Bristoe was that at the Bluegrass Sportsmens league 300 yard range ,? if so yea those ,benchrest boys with there 7000 dollor rifles dont like being showed up with someone with a military battle rifle ,too funny.

Yeah. It was out at the Bluegrass, but it wasn't the benchrest crowd that was out there that day. Just some guys.

The benchrest bunch are pretty good guys. A couple of them are good friends of mine.

There wouldn't be a 300 yard range out there if it wasn't for the benchrest crowd.

Last edited by rem shooter; 08/02/15.

NRA Life Member
IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,095 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,664
Posts18,493,675
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.