Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T

If you’re keeping score, in the past month Trump has bitch-slapped the entire Republican Party, redefined our expectations of politics, focused the national discussion on immigration, proposed the only new idea for handling ISIS, and taken functional control of FOX News. And I don’t think he put much effort into it. Imagine what he could do if he gave up golf.

As far as I can tell, Trump’s “crazy talk” is always in the correct direction for a skilled persuader. When Trump sets an “anchor” in your mind, it is never random. And it seems to work every time.

Now that Trump owns FOX, and I see how well his anchor trick works with the public, I’m going to predict he will be our next president. I think he will move to the center on social issues (already happening) and win against Clinton in a tight election.

Read more: http://blog.dilbert.com/post/126589300371/clown-genius#ixzz3j0whDyUE

GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Spot on.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
And Hillary is tickled pink.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The next guy gets to appoint 3 maybe 4 supreme court justices; I'll gamble that on an unknown quantity without a voting record sick

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I read that article yesterday. I'm unconvinced that Trump has hypnotized anybody.

Trump's approach is fairly simple.

There's a large base of people who hate liberals and the media. Trump says things to piss off the liberals and the media and when they try to shame him for doing so, he tells them all to take a flyin' suck at his ass.

I appreciate his approach.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
The next guy gets to appoint 3 maybe 4 supreme court justices; I'll gamble that on an unknown quantity without a voting record sick

One to two, in the first four years. Three to five in the second four.

Think about that.

In the first term, Ginsburg will be replaced and likely Kennedy. In the second term, add in Scalia, Thomas/Alito, and Breyer.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
and he isn't owned by anyone. The American dream.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
we're to the point that it might well take a trump or trumplike person to get this country back on it's feet. we've really been in a downhill spiral and everybody knows it.

and the dems expect the republican establishment to support them in every little thing.

it's good to see somebody call as they see it, instead of playing footsie around the roses and the poses.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Wyogal
And Hillary is tickled pink.

Biotch is eating sawdust and chitting 2x4's.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm okay with that.

But I doubt it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by watch4bear

One to two, in the first four years. Three to five in the second four.

Think about that.

In the first term, Ginsburg will be replaced and likely Kennedy. In the second term, add in Scalia, Thomas/Alito, and Breyer.

We know we are going over the waterfall with the Ds or Rs. May as well shoot for the moon.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have been unable to discern any reason that Trump is not the citizen turned legislator, then back to citizen, envisioned at the time of the drafting of the constitution.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
For one I'm not sold on Hillary being the Democratic candidate,
And while I sometimes like and agree with Trump,do you "really" think he can lead a country?
I can't imagine him sitting down with other world leaders.

Last edited by rong; 08/16/15. Reason: fat fingers
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I "suspect" that putin and trump are both worth about the same. putin got his as a gov't head of state. trump made his in the private sector.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
rong, do you "really" think he can lead a large corporation?

I can imagine he sits down with the equivalent of world leaders on a regular basis.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
everyone seems to forget that a president still has to get his ideas through congress. well, in theory anyway. while i appreciate his candor and the gist of his ideas, if he somehow manages to get the GOP nod, i see a trump presidency as 4 years of hopeless gridlock. even though he will be beholden to no one, the clowns in congress sure as hell are bought and paid for and will fight him on anything outside business as usual that will cost them votes.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
a pretty good look at Trump, and why what he does works. Sad that barack hussein has no skills at all.

Sam......

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by rem141r
everyone seems to forget that a president still has to get his ideas through congress.

So, you've already discovered that he's better than the current POS.

Like to be a fly on the wall when Boner tries to tell Trump his ideas ain't gonna happen.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
if trump or a trump-like leader ascends to the throne, it'll be the role of the voters who elected him, to elect supporters of his ideology to Congress. those who do not support his ideology might have their days numbered?

it's all up to us, the voters. (if in fact, voting matters anymore).

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gus
if trump or a trump-like leader ascends to the throne, it'll be the role of the voters who elected him, to elect supporters of his ideology to Congress. those who do not support his ideology might have their days numbered?

it's all up to us, the voters. (if in fact, voting matters anymore).

To a degree - this makes a point.

Trump gets elected - like all politicians the critters in congress will go along with his ideas - lest they get tossed themselves.

There isn't a single one there that has conviction of their own - they'll go the way the political winds blow and if that blow means Trump = POTUS, they'll play along.

Me

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

269 members (1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 204guy, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 36 invisible), 2,578 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,048
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.