Camp is where you make it.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Happy Birthday Ryan!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tom,I would be so sore if I tried playing football, my mini me is starting this year playing. 1st grade. hard to believe.

Thanks Jim!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Happy birthday Ryan!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Oh I know it!! I run with the boys for warm ups and I'm sore for a week!!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Happy Birthday Ryan! Glad to hear your Little's playing football. Man, it was fun watching my son play. They looked like little bobbleheads out there. The snack breaks in the middle of the game were comical too.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Our boys are juniors and seniors this year. It's gonna be a fun fall for football!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We have a long way to go before he's a sr, but it will come fast! He was chosen as one of the team leaders by the players and coach tho. Kinda cool!

Last edited by tzone; 08/20/15.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Howdy all. Condolences Tom. Always sorry to hear about losing a mentor.

I would like to mention our Youth Outdoor Activity Day that is coming up on Sunday, August 30 at 11 am at the Alexandria Shooting Park in Alexandria MN. This event is TOTALLY FREE! Kids get a free tshirt and backpack and everyone gets a free lunch. There are 32 activities for kids to participate in that day (list below). The list does not include the Gould Brothers Exhibition Shooting. Minnesota Bound will be out there filming and our advertising is covering much of the state (let me know if you have seen/heard any of our advertising). Our goal is to get kids off the couch and engaged in one of the activities listed below. If you are close to us or know anyone within a couple hours drive, this event is really worth it! Let me know if you have any questions!

Geocaching
Shoot/Don’t Shoot Course
Mock Blood Trail
Dog Training
Trap Shooting
Archery
Archery
BB Gun
Fire Building
Outdoor cooking
Tomahawk Throwing
Wood Duck Houses
Pet Care
Shotgun Patterning
Waterfowl
Exhibition Shooting
Wall of Shame/Cos
Bowfishing
Muzzleloader Shotgun shooting
Sling Shots/Pellet Gun PF Trailer
Fish ID
Orienteering
Casting Clinic
Deer Stand Safety
ATV Safety
Dark House Spearing
Fur Identification
Kids on Target
Invasive Species
BB Gun
Shelter Building

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman

Fire Building
Outdoor cooking
Tomahawk Throwing

Is it a coincidence these 3 are together? grin

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Howdy all. Condolences Tom. Always sorry to hear about losing a mentor.

I would like to mention our Youth Outdoor Activity Day that is coming up on Sunday, August 30 at 11 am at the Alexandria Shooting Park in Alexandria MN. This event is TOTALLY FREE! Kids get a free tshirt and backpack and everyone gets a free lunch. There are 32 activities for kids to participate in that day (list below). The list does not include the Gould Brothers Exhibition Shooting. Minnesota Bound will be out there filming and our advertising is covering much of the state (let me know if you have seen/heard any of our advertising). Our goal is to get kids off the couch and engaged in one of the activities listed below. If you are close to us or know anyone within a couple hours drive, this event is really worth it! Let me know if you have any questions!

Geocaching
Shoot/Don’t Shoot Course
Mock Blood Trail
Dog Training
Trap Shooting
Archery
Archery
BB Gun
Fire Building
Outdoor cooking
Tomahawk Throwing
Wood Duck Houses
Pet Care
Shotgun Patterning
Waterfowl
Exhibition Shooting
Wall of Shame/Cos
Bowfishing
Muzzleloader Shotgun shooting
Sling Shots/Pellet Gun PF Trailer
Fish ID
Orienteering
Casting Clinic
Deer Stand Safety
ATV Safety
Dark House Spearing
Fur Identification
Kids on Target
Invasive Species
BB Gun
Shelter Building
I got the chance to go up and help out at this great event last year, and can't wait to do it again this year. Dean runs a class operation here, and the kids will go away with some lasting memories. I've had this marked on my calendar for months and I wouldn't consider missing it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that's awesome! I'm trying to start something like that down here now that I'm our chapter pres for P.F.

Side note I just had to share with you guys.
my BIL gets married this afternoon so my daughter went with grandma to hangout with family at the fair yesterday. Bubba, me and mama stayed home and worked (bubba helped me around the preserve). BIL sent us this pic and it's too good to not share
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ryan,
If you want some suggestions on getting an event like this going, let me know. This one is really getting big. We expect 1,000 kids this year!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we will definitely be talking about it for this next year. we have the perfect place to do it too. maybe not for 1000, but a bunch.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ryan,
If you want some suggestions on getting an event like this going, let me know. This one is really getting big. We expect 1,000 kids this year!
I don't know if you guys noticed this, but this is done totally free to the kids-they even feed them a full lunch, and they fed all us schmucks working there too. They had trick shooters, professional fisherman doing clinics, trapping exhibits, GPS clinics-you name it, they had it there. Hat's off to Dean for organizing such a winning formula for conducting this event. I still have my official VOLUNTEER t-shirt from last year and it really brings back the memories from last year's event. Incidentally, my job was to help a man teach kids how to load and shoot muzzleloading rifles. He had three different smoothbore rifles-I did the loading, he did the shooting, and he kept me busy loading for him all day. The kids really got a kick out of shooting his guns.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just a big THANK YOU to Fluffy. He stopped by my store today and picked up the forestock for an old High Standard semi-auto shotgun I bought. It's got a bad crack, and an even worse repair job someone attempted on it sometime in the past. He's pretty certain he can repair it to serviceable condition. Man, it's nice to have friends like this around here.

Thanks Fluffy. I owe you big time.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Just a big THANK YOU to Fluffy. He stopped by my store today and picked up the forestock for an old High Standard semi-auto shotgun I bought. It's got a bad crack, and an even worse repair job someone attempted on it sometime in the past. He's pretty certain he can repair it to serviceable condition. Man, it's nice to have friends like this around here.

Thanks Fluffy. I owe you big time.

wink

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ryan,a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
somebody tried to fix gophers forend with rubber cement.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

first step is get good surfaces to glue back together.
had to take some of my picks, and work the two pieces apart, clean off as much of the " glue " as I could, to prepare to glue them back together. If you don't do that, the glue joint will fail, no matter what kind of glue you use.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

another crack here

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Page 1,512 of 1,842 1 2 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.