Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by David_Walter
You detractors are knuckleheads.

Most of the women I know in roles like this worked twice as hard to get there as the men, and I've been in the service for nearly 40 years.

I notice you're not talking smack about all of the men eliminated due to the "lower standards."

These two are trailblazers, and I welcome them into the leadership roles that they have earned.

Coming from a man who has, "been there and done that!" Right on David!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Meanwhile, back at the facts, the Israelis have had women in the front lines pretty much from "go," and are largely considered one of the best fighting forces in the world.

My experience is guys who don't want women in traditionally "male" roles are afraid of being shown up by "girls," and I've seen enough of it to be certain of my statement.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All I know is that due to some physical limitations I was born with, I could never even make at least a good showing before being cut! I don't know if there was any political pressure or not, i am inclined to give the Army the benefit of doubt here. My own though's of on the matter is what is the point? Since they can't go to a Ranger Regiment or to the Green Beret's, its seems to me the tap is being reduced down to a merit badge. Ok I understand that there is a pecking order and thay you have to do things along the way when promotion time comes along! I can live with it since what I think of the matter is a moot point, since I am just an old has been. As long as they keep the standards were they should be fine, if they end up with two sets of rules and standards, then the nation will really be ill served! War and War fighting is a serious business! You would think our leaders and the Generals would know that!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gmsemel
All I know is that due to some physical limitations I was born with, I could never even make at least a good showing before being cut! I don't know if there was any political pressure or not, i am inclined to give the Army the benefit of doubt here. My own though's of on the matter is what is the point? Since they can't go to a Ranger Regiment or to the Green Beret's, its seems to me the tap is being reduced down to a merit badge. Ok I understand that there is a pecking order and thay you have to do things along the way when promotion time comes along! I can live with it since what I think of the matter is a moot point, since I am just an old has been. As long as they keep the standards were they should be fine, if they end up with two sets of rules and standards, then the nation will really be ill served! War and War fighting is a serious business! You would think our leaders and the Generals would know that!

One's in Aviation, the other's an MP.

Not exactly MOS's normally associated with Ranger School.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
those of you bitchers and moaners that actually have Ranger Tab, sound off.

Others, STFU.

I dont have one, I think these women are certified bad a$$es

First, let me say I'm not arguing either way since I don't know exactly what they had to do relative to what the the standards were before they were there.

That said, there are problems with your logic. If your logic holds, then by your own standard you have no right to sound off either.

But does your logic hold anyway? Does someone personally have to be a first rate singer to say Pavarotti was better then William Hung?

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm not complaining about Rangers who are not women. I'm telling those who are not Rangers to stand down and let the Rangers have a say on the Rangers.

On the subject of guys complaining about "girls," I stand by my earlier post.

John Stark.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I'm not complaining about Rangers who are not women. I'm telling those who are not Rangers to stand down and let the Rangers have a say on the Rangers.

On the subject of guys complaining about "girls," I stand by my earlier post.

David, your is a strategy common to someone loosing the argument. You become a bully in an attempt to exclude others from the argument instead of addressing the actual arguments themselves. Considering you are what, a Lt. Colonel or Colonel in the Guard, it doesn't surprise me that you would attempt to pull rank and bully the members when the conversation was not going your way.

Well I have news for you. Your authority to quell dissent just because it's your will does not extend to public forums.

As for myself, I do not hold the tab, but I did serve 7 years, most of it in mixed units. During the time I did meet some fine female warriors, but not many. I could count them all on one hand. And even those fine female warriors, not one of them every volunteered to hump the M-60, and not one could not pass the male PT standards. NOT ONE OF THEM.

In the real world, the realities are even more start. When you are in an environment that requires extensive marching, 80% of the females couldn't even march with the men due to pelvic stress fractures They had medical profiles, which basically divided the platoon into two marching orders, one male, and one female. The female pelvis is much lighter and wider them the male pelvis to facilitate child birth. This lighter structure make it more susceptible to stress fracture, which affects their capability to even march with male soldiers.

It was always fun, male soldiers would arrive on time, and then we would have to wait around for the females.

Don't get me wrong. Females can be useful in defensive and mounted operations where they don't need to carry anything, but when it time to dismount for long range patrols in Injun country, it's time to leave the females at home.

As for these girls passing the "same standards", I guarantee they did not pass the male ranger PT standards, and the males soldiers didn't get the same three tries either. This just goes to beg the question, how much of their passing was political, and how much was merit?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
In the real world, gender has little to do with accomplishment.

I'm stating factually what I have observed in the device since 1976.

Gender and capability are not tied in any reasonable manner that I have observed.

Pulling rank? Never have, don't think I ever will.

I'm asking those who have BTDT to comment.

I've had 40-ish years of "they" can't do it and only "we" can.

My observations, stated clearly, are that these positions and views are false.

John Stark.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I'm stating factually what I have observed in the device since 1976.

Gender and capability are not tied in any reasonable manner that I have observed.

Pulling rank? Never have, don't think I ever will.

I'm asking those who have BTDT to comment.

I've had 40-ish years of "they" can't do it and only "we" can.

My observations, stated clearly, are that these positions and views are false.

Of course you were trying to pull rank. You tried to tell me to shut up. Are you going to apologize?

When was the last time one of the females under your command volunteered to hump the M-60 and 400 rounds of ball ammo on a long range patrol?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 08/23/15.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
And, didn't the guys who graduated with them state the standards were not lowered? Are those Soldiers liars?

John Stark.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
And, didn't the guys who graduated with them state the standards were not lowered? Are those Soldiers liars?

Did they pass the male Range PT standards, which is around 60 push-ups?

When was the last time one of the females under your command volunteered to hump the M-60 and 400 rounds of ball ammo on a long range patrol?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Those soldiers said they did. I believe them.

My wing commander, the only woman to command an Air Guard wing, ever, and the first in the USAF, was in the first group of women to win and air assault badge as a CAPT When she was a Soldier. She is also a triathlete.

And I have a friend who was an enlisted Soldier in the second class with females. She can do a hundred push-ups any day.

So, yes, I know one who can, and the EOD major who works for me, and Mrs Walter who was a fire fighter, and tens of others....

I guess I just hang out with the tough women.

John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have some familiarity with Rangers as my father was one. Standards have indeed slipped since my fathers time. It used to be, you had one additional chance to re-pass a section, period. After that, the CO sent you elsewhere.

Women are mentally tough, cooler under fire than males, and can withstand a TON of pain - all of this is documented, not hearsay.

But they simply do NOT have the strength of a man, and that is critical in CQ, infil, and exfil. They WILL slow the squad down, and that risks the mission. So they do not belong in ground combat roles, period.

Also, earning a Ranger tab is impressive. However, "Army Rangers" serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment and complete RASP, which is one hell of a lot tougher than Ranger School...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Those soldiers said they did. I believe them.

My wing commander, the only woman to command an Air Guard wing, ever, and the first in the USAF, was in the first group of women to win and air assault badge as a CAPT When she was a Soldier. She is also a triathlete.

And I have a friend who was an enlisted Soldier in the second class with females. She can do a hundred push-ups any day.

So, yes, I know one who can, and the EOD major who works for me, and Mrs Walter who was a fire fighter, and tens of others....

I guess I just hang out with the tough women.

Show me in the article where is says the passed the MALE pt standards. You've been in 40 years, you now females have a much lower standard. In addition, those push ups have to be done in 2 minutes. The world record for consecutive female push-ups is only 50. I was unable to find an official 2 minute record.

As for your friend that earned her Air Assault badge, that's great. Of course Air Assault school is a walk in the park compared to Ranger School.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe some of you (ok, most of you) should read a little more on this story...

http://www.businessinsider.com/first-women-to-earn-army-ranger-tab-2015-8

I can say this, if the SHTF I would take either of those two over any single one of the mostly fat, old, pathetic white dudes mouthing off on here...

The Baby Boomer Male Mindset lives on! sick

Where are all the 'thank you for your service' comments that everyone here throws out to any and everyone who 'served'???

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Maybe some of you (ok, most of you) should read a little more on this story...

http://www.businessinsider.com/first-women-to-earn-army-ranger-tab-2015-8

I can say this, if the SHTF I would take either of those two over any single one of the mostly fat, old, pathetic white dudes mouthing off on here...

The Baby Boomer Male Mindset lives on! sick

Where are all the 'thank you for your service' comments that everyone here throws out to any and everyone who 'served'???

According to the article, one humped the M240 on day one of patrols, and the radio on day two, and switched these off with another female, and passed the same PT standards, including 49 push-ups.

If that's the case, I'll give credit where credit it due.

However another article noted that patrols with female members had a higher failure rate then those without. Of course I could say the same about certain male soldiers I trained with.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This

John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

In the real World, decisions have consequences. Sacrificing your productive capacity has bad effects.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I think that's the point AS.

What they accomplished was impressive. The fact that so many (male and female) counterparts failed only accentuates that fact. I don't see percentages having much to do with their feats.

Kudos to them, and the guys, who made it through an incredibly demanding course.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,647
Posts18,474,581
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.